Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

98K bayonet w/ double markings on handle

Article about: I found this 98K bayonet that I am interested in, however, it has double stamping on the handle. I've been searching the forum for another like it but the site is only giving me limited numb

Default 98K bayonet w/ double markings on handle

I found this 98K bayonet that I am interested in, however, it has double stamping on the handle. I've been searching the forum for another like it but the site is only giving me limited numbers of search results on my mobile. Is this double stamping a cause for concern?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 98K bayonet w/ double markings on handle
    P
    Many

Nevermind, I see double stampings on other examples. However, if anyone sees any red flags on the bayonet shown above, please let me know!

?

nice bayonet ��, you do not have to worry about such a sign I have seen several times. I think there's no problem with that

+1 I've had a couple like this.

I went ahead & pulled the trigger on this one! Figured it was time to step away from swastika/SA/SS marked items for a change haha. Thanks for the help fellas. Always appreciated!

By the way, aside from the date marked on the bayonets, is there a way to distinguish pre-war/war time bayonets from post war if they are unmarked? I know the 98K was in use after the war in various roles so I assume bayonet production likely went on as well. Also, what should I look for as far reproductions?

?

Nice matching bayo. with a frog to boot!!!
    Looking forward to seeing the whole blade!!

Congrats on that pick up

Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice bayonet, congrats!. In response to your question I have not seen a post war example in hand or seen pics of them. Post war made would lack any waffenamt markings, weirmar or imperial markings.
    John

TWS
    ?

No worries on the double stamp. I've had or even have (early dementia, so I'd have to check) examples like that.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Looks like a very nice condition bayonet with frog.

As you can see it is dated 1942 and has the double waffenampt. There will probably be one on the tip of the scabbard as well.

The maker CVL is WKC (Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Cie AG, Solingen). Can't tell you who the maker of the frog is however, I'm sure some of the bayo guys will be around to tell you more about the detail.

A useful link (the forum search function is great! )

S 84/98 Manufacturer Codes (98k bayonet) Quick Reference WWII era
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Certainly the pommel should be doubble proofed, is correct WaA519 for 42cvl or WKC in 1942. b.r.Andy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast