Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Anton Wingen jr ks 98

Article about: Hello Guys heres my latest pick up It is a black painted Anton Winger Jr , of Solingen ks98,not sure if it is TR ,Weimer or imperial so any info would be welcome ,regards Paul.

?

Default Anton Wingen jr ks 98

Hello Guys heres my latest pick up It is a short black painted Anton Winger Jr , of Solingen ks98,not sure if it is TR ,Weimer or imperial so any info would be welcome ,regards Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anton Wingen jr ks 98   Anton Wingen jr ks 98  

Anton Wingen jr ks 98   Anton Wingen jr ks 98  

Anton Wingen jr ks 98  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anton Wingen jr ks 98
    P
    Many

Very nice Paul, I like these early KS98's. I would say Imperial or early post First World war era for manufacture. The makers make is an early version. I can't see any sign of nickel plating so that suggests it may have been sold as a fighting/Trench knife rather than parade/walking out sidearm. The black paint may or may not be original. There are signs the hilt was repainted, but chips off between the grips indicate it's been there a long time. The blade style is the Carbine blade that dates from pre WW1. A nice example.

?

Hello Andrson ,Thanks for the info much appreciated ,Regards Paul.

@ Anderson

There´re several makers marks, ("Logos"), of the manufacturer Anton Wingen, Solingen / Othello .

Do you have sources of the maker´s marks regarding this, particular, manufacturer in comparison of it´s production period ?

Thx., in advance,
    R.

Source : Anthony Carter Knife and Sword Makers 1850 - 1945
    Pg 569 paragraph 3 & 4 states :

" Knives bearing the Knight mark and Wingens Initials are usually dated to the First World War,. but they could of not been made until after May 1920 - when Wingen acquired Claubergs Knight Trademark.
    Wingen also made small bayonets and combat knife blades, chequered grips and swept back quillons. , usually marked them with Othelos brand name ( Fig. 4 )
    One had the company name and location forming an oval. ( Fig. 5 )
    These items were purchased privately often by officers. "

Anton Wingen jr ks 98
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thx. a lot, mate !