Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

frog id

Article about: Hello Guys ,My brother got this frog on a regular k98 but he is concerned that the frog might be a fake ,I know there are many different styles but we hav,nt seen one with the stitching all

?

Default frog id

Hello Guys ,My brother got this frog on a regular k98 but he is concerned that the frog might be a fake ,I know there are many different styles but we hav,nt seen one with the stitching all the way up the belt loop would you say it is a German parade frog or other nations frog ,any help would be welcome.Regards Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture frog id   frog id  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement frog id
    P
    Many

The round hole looks odd, it wouldn’t fit a K98 scabbard very well?

?

Default frog id

Hello again ,Just came across these pics of a KS98 on internet the frog is similar but not quite the same .Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture frog id   frog id  

frog id  

That's an interesting one Paul as the leather looks old, so I don't think reproduction. But the style of frog is not what we typically see with S84/98. Even the shape of the belt hanger being tapered rather than "hour glass" makes it look Czech or Austrian, but the stitching is different to what you see with frogs from those countries.
    I think your extra photos may be the clue and it seems related to that type of parade frog, but it seems a little coarse in construction to be parade. That parade bayonet in the photo is Imperial/ early post WW1 era.

Anderson..would you say that the right side is slotted to fit a carrying ring of a dagger ..as Im seeing just a glimpse of something that appears to have that.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Guys,Paul.

?

The first one looks like a home made, when looking at stitching, the second one from internet is a polish one. b.r.Andy