Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Green paint on 43 cvl

Article about: Dear all, I’ve been offered with a SG 84/98. She comes with a matching scabbard and a frog that appears to be WW2 German, although I’m not able to find out any markings on it. The scabba

Default Green paint on 43 cvl

Dear all,
    I’ve been offered with a SG 84/98. She comes with a matching scabbard and a frog that appears to be WW2 German, although I’m not able to find out any markings on it. The scabbard has been painted green, and on the blade there is also a “white line” along the cutting edge: it’s not really sharpened, at least not more than another SG I have, with the bluing intact.
    The paint job is quite old, but I’m pretty sure she didn’t leave the factory with these features, so I’d like to know your appreciated opinion on this piece.
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Green paint on 43 cvl   Green paint on 43 cvl  

Green paint on 43 cvl   Green paint on 43 cvl  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Green paint on 43 cvl
    P
    Many

?

Serial number on both sides of the scabbard? Re-used by Soviets?

Hi Narcis; no, s/n only on one side. On the other is stamped “43 cvl”, partially covered by the paint.

The only thing I can offer is that on my monitor that looks like the shade of green used by the former Jugoslavian Army on just about all their field equipment and as we know they used masses of ex-Wehrmacht weaponry.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 07-25-2020 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    The only thing I can offer is that on my monitor that looks like the shade of green used by the former Jugoslavian Army on just about all their field equipment and as we know they used masses of ex-Wehrmacht weaponry.

Regards

Mark
    Thanks Mark, this is a clue

It's all authentic, WKC made 1943, serial numbers match, wood grips correct and appear untouched. The blade does appear to be sharpened, certainly something abrasive has run down the blade edge. Paint is probably post war as suggested by Mark.

?

Its a matcher!!!
    So that's a win.
    I'm not a frog Guy, but that looks German WW2 , But not a frog Guy, so don't quote me!!!!

If that is a WW2 German/ Yugo reissue , Its sure has seen its share of War!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 07-26-2020 at 01:44 AM.

I'd second the idea of it being Yugoslavian reissued. The 'pea green' paint is a very distinct shade. It would also make sense, given Yugoslavia's use of both reissued German and Zastava M48 rifles.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I'd second the idea of it being Yugoslavian reissued. The 'pea green' paint is a very distinct shade. It would also make sense, given Yugoslavia's use of both reissued German and Zastava M48 rifles.

B.B.
    Oh yeah, distinctive it is. Once seen never forgotten

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

waa
    ?

yugoslavia never paint bayonets (such a color was used by the Bulgarians and can be seen on the bayonets of the ww1,ww2)
    if he used in yugoslavija it would have new numbers typed on the scabbard and knife.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast