Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Here Kitty Kitty / Tiger Short Dress Bayonet

Article about: Here is my newest addition to the WWII collection; a Tiger Soligen parade bayonet. This one has an edge to it though making it more of a knife. Wether this was done War-time or Post-war, I d

Default Here Kitty Kitty / Tiger Short Dress Bayonet

Here Kitty Kitty / Tiger Short Dress BayonetHere Kitty Kitty / Tiger Short Dress BayonetHere Kitty Kitty / Tiger Short Dress Bayonet

Here is my newest addition to the WWII collection; a Tiger Soligen parade bayonet. This one has an edge to it though making it more of a knife. Wether this was done War-time or Post-war, I do not know. At any rate, it's a cool piece of history!

So I have heard these been called parade bayonets, or dress bayonets and that they were for the Fire services. What's the story on that? Are there any photos of these in use? How were they used? I'm a bit mystified by German bayonets.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Here Kitty Kitty / Tiger Short Dress Bayonet
    P
    Many

Very Nice Tiger Short .
    The fire department had their own style of Bayonet which the crossguard was shaped like an S .
    If you go to the Fire and Police bayonet forum you will see the differences.

The story about these being used by the Fire department ..I would wait for the bayo guys to elaborate further on that.
    The short Dress bayos IMO were for going out with less drag and swing ..as per the long bayonet types were reserved for parade.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Very Nice Tiger Short .
    The fire department had their own style of Bayonet which the crossguard was shaped like an S .
    If you go to the Fire and Police bayonet forum you will see the differences.

The story about these being used by the Fire department ..I would wait for the bayo guys to elaborate further on that.
    The short Dress bayos IMO were for going out with less drag and swing ..as per the long bayonet types were reserved for parade.

Regards Larry

WWII GERMAN DAGGERS PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com

Actually it appears to match the Army bayonets now that I've found this link.

As Larry points out you have the KS98 "parade" or "walking out" bayonet, which was privately purchased by members of army or air force, NCO and other ranks. There were two blade lenghts, 20cm or 25cm. It's generally believed the shorter bayonets was for NCO's but really there are no regulations to be sure. There was a fair amount of latitude given over private purchase swords so likely the same was for bayonets. The blade was never sharpened, so yours was sharpened by a post WW2 owner. That does effect value.

The Fire bayonet (not really a bayonet but a ceremonial work tool) is a bit different. Here's one of my Tiger brand Fire side arms. Cool double marks with Tiger blades.

Here Kitty Kitty / Tiger Short Dress Bayonet