Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Bayonet

Article about: Hi all, can I have some advice on this bayonet & scabbard the makers marks on the blades is CRS but the sheath has none, while they both appear genuine k98 WW2 era I am not 100% sure if

?

Default K98 Bayonet

K98 BayonetK98 BayonetK98 BayonetK98 BayonetK98 BayonetK98 BayonetK98 BayonetK98 Bayonet

Hi all, can I have some advice on this bayonet & scabbard the makers marks on the blade is CRS and the serial number is 5652 but the sheath has none, while they both appear genuine k98 WW2 era I am not 100% sure if they are a pair made for each other also does the price of 150 Euro seem right, the knife is in fairly good condition. Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet
    P
    Many

The bayonet is authentic WW2 era, in fair condition. But the scabbard is not for a type 3 S84/98, and I don't think it is even German type 2. Possibly Polish from a M1924/25 bayonet or later variant. There may be a number like 39 or 40 on the top edge of blade indicating year made.
    Not one I would want, but tell the seller bayonet scabbard is wrong type and offer an lower price if you are interested.

?

To add to what Anderson has mentioned, also tell the seller that the frog lug is busted off the scabbard.
    Way to much $$$ for that example. It should be in the double digit $$ price range.

That manufacture code crs = Paul Weyersberg & Co., 1940/45

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 04-23-2020 at 06:45 PM.

?

Way too much money,you should pass on this one,lots of better ones out there ......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Way too much money,you should pass on this one,lots of better ones out there ......Pete.
    Same opinion. This would be one that very likely would be much harder to sell or trade for a better one. Best Regards, Fred

?

Thanks guys for all of these much appreciated opinions I think I will let this pair slide based on everything I now know.

?

Scababrd is mostly a german WW1 or other country, bayonet is crs 41 most real. b.r.Andy