Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 bayonets.

Article about: 100-120 USD maximum.

yab
    ?

Default K98 bayonets.

Hi, can anyone tell me what the most rarest/expensive k98 bayonets is, what should I look for? I know that number matching and marine bayonets are pretty expensive. What about the year they were made? I found this one, not number matching and not in wery good shape, but from 1944, I can se that the grip is without screws?
    Regards Yab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonets.   K98 bayonets.  

K98 bayonets.   K98 bayonets.  

K98 bayonets.   K98 bayonets.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonets.
    P
    Many

yab
    ?

Default Re: K98 bayonets.

Hi, the scabbard is also a 44ASW, but not with the same number as the bayonet.
    Regards Yab.

?

Hi, anything from 1945 will be rare,try this website.......k98 bayonets data and registry
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

yab
    ?

Hi Zwerge, thanks, great side, the ASW bayonets from 44 I can find there, all of them have screws in the grip and is not riveted as this one, I wondered how generally it is? and if it could increase the value of it?
    Regards Yab.

Quote by yab View Post
    Hi Zwerge, thanks, great side, the ASW bayonets from 44 I can find there, all of them have screws in the grip and is not riveted as this one, I wondered how generally it is? and if it could increase the value of it?
    Regards Yab.
    Hörster bayonets (coded ‘asw’ and ‘sgx’ ) from later in 1944 will have riveted grips, with the ‘sgx’ coded ones usually commanding a higher price. With the tradeoff between rarity and condition also having to be taken into consideration. FP

Zwerge, cheers for the Registry link. Just sent the webhost photos of my 1935 Jos Corts K98 bayonet.

yab
    ?

Hi, thanks for usefull answers, I guess it is a late produced bayonet because of the double letter below the number?
    Regards Yab.

?

Like mentioned by FP, Your piece would be very interesting, when matching numbers would be there and riveted grips, problem is the finish is gone, the chemical process or cleaning of handle of the piece damaged the blueing on surface, which is only visible on lower part of blade. The black paint on scabbard is wrong too. By non touched condition the riveted goes to 300 USD range.

yab
    ?

Hi, thanks for the answers, what do you think the price would be for a piece in this condition then?
    Regards Yab.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast