Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)

Article about: Hi all, I wonder if it's really a polizei bayonet? and if it is etched real? Thanks for help Luft

?

Default K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)

Hi all,
    I wonder if it's really a polizei bayonet?
    and if it is etched real?
    Thanks for help
    Luft

K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Fake etched? (Schutz Polizei Frankfurt)
    P
    Many

Hello,

what a shame...

The police S84/98 is real ... but this etching is a fake.

Unfortunately, this destroyed a beautiful original.

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

what a shame...

The police S84/98 is real ... but this etching is a fake.

Unfortunately, this destroyed a beautiful original.
    Same opinion - I could not have said it better myself. Best Regards, Fred

?

Thank you very much for your help
    fortunately it's at least a police bayonet, although the etching is fake, but I gave it 70eu for it, so it doesn't matter

Regards Luft

These etched blade seem to be floatin around a lot. Too bad a quality blade is ruined by enhancements. Same for some milsurp gun stocks. Too many have seen the sandblaster. Be nice if people could leave well enough alone for a change.

These S84/98 would never have been etched like a private purchase KS98 were. That's a fundamental misunderstanding of the military culture associated with etched blades and results in the ruin of what was an nice bayonet, by some greedy individual hoping to lift it's value. The outcome is the opposite it's probably only worth a fraction of what it was worth unetched.

?

it's a pity, such a beautiful police piece, but unfortunately the etching can not be removed

?

Bad, evidently the new etch was done to increase value of the police piece, he already know what is there is not a english fake etch of 70ies as typical on market, sorry but this ruined a nice police Behoerden S84/98 piece.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    These S84/98 would never have been etched like a private purchase KS98 were. That's a fundamental misunderstanding of the military culture associated with etched blades and results in the ruin of what was an nice bayonet, by some greedy individual hoping to lift it's value. The outcome is the opposite it's probably only worth a fraction of what it was worth unetched.
    I agree, this is vandalism. Adulterating an artifact with a real value thus turning it into a nonsensical piece of frippery which (to my mind anyway) has a value limited to that of the grips, screws and scabbard as replacement parts for another item.

The irony is that the blade had to be a nice one to make the fake etching viable in the first place which makes the damage done even more thoughtless.

Regards

Mark

PS I suppose it could have a use on a display manniquin, on a belt and forever in a scabbard!
    Last edited by Watchdog; 08-11-2020 at 10:11 AM. Reason: ps
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

What makes this a Police bayonet ? What details compared to what is seen on the Police and Fire bayo sub forum?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast