Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98... S/155k

Article about: Hello all, Sorry for so many posts lately...but I’ve purchased several bayonets a few years ago and just have a few questions. In regard to this bayonet, I purchased it from a guy that bou

Default K98... S/155k

Hello all,

Sorry for so many posts lately...but I’ve purchased several bayonets a few years ago and just have a few questions.

In regard to this bayonet, I purchased it from a guy that bought a tool box/ tools from a yards sale. When he cleaned out the tool box... this bayonet was found in the middle of several hand tools. He didn’t want it and ended up selling it to me.

Question... are these early bayonets anymore valuable than middle war or end or war bayonets? The frog came with it... don’t know if real or memorex?

I will say that the quality of these early bayonets is awesome!

Thanks...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98... S/155k   K98... S/155k  

K98... S/155k  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98... S/155k
    P
    Many

I’m not an expert but I would say that most things early can be a little more collectible but it also is a matter of condition and the maker of the item.

It looks as if the bayonet has been sharpened from the images, that would affect value. Also I would give some more photos of the whole bayonet in the frog. From what I see it is in relatively good condition but wait for some more opinions.

Regards,
    Bodhi

A "K" coded S84/98 indicates 1934 and the first year of Third Reich production. These K coded bayonets are less common being the first year, and quite desirable if matching numbers. This one unfortunately appears sharpened, which will effect value. One spanner screw is incorrect.

Thank you both for the replies.

Sorry for the first photos... they looked better on my iPad before I uploaded them. I added a few more. Can you tell me if the frog is original or repro? Still has cosmoline on blade and inside scabbard. Bummer that it appears sharpened. The price was right so I jumped on it. Thanks again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98... S/155k   K98... S/155k  

K98... S/155k   K98... S/155k  

K98... S/155k  

Hello,

yes, a side rifle 84/98 (there was never a bayonet 98k).

Year of manufacture is 1934. S / 155 = E&F Hörster Solingen.

Scabbard and bayonet have the same number.

Unfortunately, the blade was sharpened. Big minus ...

The frog is a bad copy. Not original.

greetings

Thanks for the info... was leaning towards the frog being a repo... looked too clean to be an original.

Yes, it’s too bad about the blade being sharpened, however, I’m at least glad it wasn’t a hack job. If it was in a tool box then I assume the previous owner sharpened it. It’s in pretty good shape and I’m happy with it for less than $100.00

I think you did OK for the money.

?

Same opinion as SW, for sharpened and possible reblued blade bayonet is 100 too much probably, the frog is mostly russian copy.