Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Polish K98 Bayonet for discussion

Article about: It has been brought to my attention and currently for sale in the classifieds section that this bayonet would may be lacking necessary details only the eyes of the Bayonet gent could answer.

Default Polish K98 Bayonet for discussion

It has been brought to my attention and currently for sale in the classifieds section that this bayonet would may be lacking necessary details only the eyes of the Bayonet gent could answer. Included below is the write up :

" A rare Polish bayonet made by RADOM in 1939. It has been reissued by the WWII german army. It has been blued, the muzzle has been removed and "eagle77" has been stamped on the back of the blade and the scabbard.

A very rare modification...!!! ( End quote )

Polish K98 Bayonet for discussionPolish K98 Bayonet for discussion
    Polish K98 Bayonet for discussion
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polish K98 Bayonet for discussion
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a nice polish Wz.29 of 1939 production, probably never delivered to polish army, as no remains of serial numbers on crossguard, later refurbished by germans in same plant accepted. b.r.Andy

Would like to see the waffenamt mark on the blade spine, which should be "WaA77", but agree with Andy looks authentic, rather than a post WW2 modification. These are often paired with German S84/98 scabbards to presumably fit the German frog better.

I will request more photos from the seller as I put a hold on the bayo until the discussion and members are satisfied.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Would like to see the waffenamt mark on the blade spine, which should be "WaA77", but agree with Andy looks authentic, rather than a post WW2 modification. These are often paired with German S84/98 scabbards to presumably fit the German frog better.
    If you don't mind me asking. When did they start putting Waffenamt's on the blades. I have several 84/98's and none of them have a waffenamt on the blade anywhere?
    They are everywhere else but not the blade. This is new to me and I just was asked about it and did not know the answer. So just trying to learn something.

Semper Fi
    Phil

The Waffenamt on the Wz29 is unique as it was put on the spine of the blade up near the crossbar. This being a Polish made captured bayonet refurbished for German military purposes the application of WaA mark is unusual.

?

Thank you Sir for the explanation. So it would not be found on German made bayonet blades. Is that correct?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Correct Phil. The Waffenamt mark is never seen on the blade of the S.84/98, though some Police marks are seen on some.

?

Thank you again.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

The correct proof E/77 should be on same spine on scabbard too. b.r.Andy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast