Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Reichspost Schutz marked bayonet authenticity

Article about: HI everyone, hope all is well. I’ve recently found that someone has for sale a reichspost schutz Marked Bayonet which is marked “R.P” on the recasso with Dark bakelite Grips. I was won

Default Reichspost Schutz marked bayonet authenticity

HI everyone, hope all is well.

I’ve recently found that someone has for sale a reichspost schutz Marked Bayonet which is marked “R.P” on the recasso with Dark bakelite Grips. I was wondering if anybody could comment as to the originality of this item as I was unaware of S1884/98s being nickel plated apart the usual m98 dress bayonet which seem to be plentiful.

Thanks in advance guys.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichspost Schutz marked bayonet authenticity
    P
    Many

Hi,

The bayonet itself is original ... but unfortunately it was completely nickel-plated sometime after 1945. Unfortunately, this is not original.

I thought that would be the case, I’ve seen no other nickel plated reichspost schutz bayonets.nor do I know of any other TR bayonets with nickel scabbards.

Not seen that often now, quite a while back a popular pastime for some was to chrome plate all sorts of WW2 artifacts including guns that had been brought back. If taken outside in sunlight they had a bluish tint. It also (for firearms) sometimes made them hard to reassemble and operate properly because it affected the part to part clearances. Best Regards, Fred

?

I am same opinion as FP is mostly postwar chrome plating.

Quite a shame really as Postschutz marked S84/98 bayonets are very collectable, Paul Weyersburg was the only maker up to 1942.

that is the original finish
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichspost Schutz marked bayonet authenticity   Reichspost Schutz marked bayonet authenticity  

Reichspost Schutz marked bayonet authenticity   Reichspost Schutz marked bayonet authenticity  

Reichspost Schutz marked bayonet authenticity   Reichspost Schutz marked bayonet authenticity