Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Two K-98 bayonets in full set.

Article about: Good day. I got offered these two K-98 bayonets, but truely I don't know much about this field, as I don't collect weapons/"cold weapons", but would not mind to have some & wou

Default Two K-98 bayonets in full set.

Good day.
    I got offered these two K-98 bayonets, but truely I don't know much about this field, as I don't collect weapons/"cold weapons", but would not mind to have some & would like to and would be very happy to hear Your helpful opinions regarding these bayonets.
    All the numbers are matching, condition is ok ( one frog is missing it's button ) & as far as I understand both are late war production (43 & 44 ?). Are these manufacturers often seen?
    Also have no idea what is a good price for these relics, but that's secondary, I know this is not a place for evaluation of prices, but by the way seller is asking 200 euro fot both together.
    Should I pick them, or only should I pick the intact one or should I just let them ago?
    Thanks and best regards,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two K-98 bayonets in full set.   Two K-98 bayonets in full set.  

Two K-98 bayonets in full set.   Two K-98 bayonets in full set.  

Two K-98 bayonets in full set.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Two K-98 bayonets in full set.  Two K-98 bayonets in full set.  Two K-98 bayonets in full set. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two K-98 bayonets in full set.
    P
    Many

If you get them both for €200 you are doing fine. From a UK dealer they would sell for £120+ each.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    If you get them both for €200 you are doing fine. From a UK dealer they would sell for £120+ each.
    I agree that €200 would be a good deal indeed for these late war pieces in pretty good condition from what I can see!

You say that one frog is "missing its' button". By that I imagine you mean the hilt strap? If so it looks to me as is it never had one. These frogs exist both with and without the strap. The type with the strap is often referred to as "cavalry pattern" but I am not sure that is 100% correct and tend to believe that they are just two variations.

Either way it is a good deal. Remember to show more pics if you get them.

It also occurs to me that if you are only adding these for "roundness" in your collection (I tend to do this a lot) you could immediately sell or trade the one you like least for probably as much if not more than you pay for the two therefore adding a bayonet to your collection for free

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hello,

you have two S84 / 98. There was no bayonet 98k.

Both are identical in numbers and the condition is ok. At first the frog is apt. In the second bayonet the frog is not included.
    The condition of both is ok.

I think 200 for both is ok.

Regards

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I agree that €200 would be a good deal indeed for these late war pieces in pretty good condition from what I can see!

You say that one frog is "missing its' button". By that I imagine you mean the hilt strap? If so it looks to me as is it never had one. These frogs exist both with and without the strap. The type with the strap is often referred to as "cavalry pattern" but I am not sure that is 100% correct and tend to believe that they are just two variations.

Either way it is a good deal. Remember to show more pics if you get them.

It also occurs to me that if you are only adding these for "roundness" in your collection (I tend to do this a lot) you could immediately sell or trade the one you like least for probably as much if not more than you pay for the two therefore adding a bayonet to your collection for free

Regards

Mark
    Hello and thanks for answer Mark.
    Yes, I mean the hilt strap, did not know how to describe it, thanks for sharing the correct terminology.
    Exactly Mark, I am adding some pieces time after time for "roundness" as You say, primary my fields of interest is german WWII medals/badges & cases to them/award certificates & divisions badges (staffels abzeichen).
    Also thanks to BlackCat1982 and Sleepwalker for the answers.
    Best regards,
    Peter

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

Both are identical in numbers and the condition is ok. At first the frog is apt. In the second bayonet the frog is not included.
    The condition of both is ok.

I think 200 for both is ok.

Regards
    Hello.
    But weren't they produced to be mounted on K-98 rifle for primary purposes, or am I missing here something badly..?
    Hmm.. What is called that brown leather "thing" which is "holding" the second bayonet???
    Sorry for stupid questions, this is really not my field, I have very small knowledge here.
    Thanks and regards,
    Peter

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

Yes you are of course correct but I doubt it will ever be possible to stop people calling it 98k or k98 so I don't even try as everybody knows what is being discussed.

It's just like calling a British WW2 MkII steel helmet a "Brodie", it isn't but everyone knows what you mean

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

A couple of nice bayonets. The brown coloured frog with scabbard 5629 is not a combat S84/98 frog, (note no rivets) but more likely for a "parade bayonet", possibly Luftwaffe.
    Looks like a former owner had them nailed to a wall, judging by the hole in the leather.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    A couple of nice bayonets. The brown coloured frog with scabbard 5629 is not a combat S84/98 frog, (note no rivets) but more likely for a "parade bayonet", possibly Luftwaffe.
    Looks like a former owner had them nailed to a wall, judging by the hole in the leather.
    Hello.
    Thanks for information.
    Former owner says, they have been in his house as long as he remembers- since he was a kid. His grandfather was danish freedom fighter- "Den danske modstandsbevægelse".
    I just noticed that the black color frog has marking (can't be seen on the photos)- RFNr. 0/0494/0008, as far as I know RFNR means- Reichs Fabrik Nummer.
    Regards,
    Peter

That would be Reichsbetriebsnummer number. Ade did a very nice write up here and following discussion.

The Reichsbetriebsnummer RB numbering system.

John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast