Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think about this Bayonet Frog

Article about: hello friends I came across this frog, I think it's a fantasy repro. Thanks in advance for your feedback

?

Default What do you think about this Bayonet Frog

hello friends I came across this frog, I think it's a fantasy repro. Thanks in advance for your feedback What do you think about this Bayonet FrogWhat do you think about this Bayonet FrogWhat do you think about this Bayonet Frog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think about this Bayonet Frog
    P
    Many

From what I can see something that IMO deserves caution, does it have a strange smell? Best Regards, Fred

?

frogprince: what do you mean if it has a special smell?

Quote by kekel View Post
    frogprince: what do you mean if it has a special smell?
    Also seen with some bayonet frogs, a while back a friend of mine spent a lot of money on a supposed period pistol holster he needed that was well marked and in photos would look perfect. A good quality reproduction it was postwar, and you could still smell the tanning chemicals from the leather. The markings/construction here something else I would be looking at more closely. Best Regards, Fred

Kekel .....I re-titled your topic so that the search engines can direct readers to this site.
    Kindly for future threads describe in your title what the item is.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The rivets on that one, do not show the patina one would expect from a 76 year old steel rivet.
    I would think even if kept in the ideal environment there should be some aging/patina between the mandrel/post and the cap/head.
    What do you think about this Bayonet Frog
    Now maybe I have used one's??
    I just collect bayonets and all my frog's look like they have Been There and Done That. and would love to hear more thought's.
    But I do like Frogprince's comments "does it have a strange smell?".
    Like it was made yesterday!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 12-11-2019 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Changed Frogman to the correct Frogprince!! Sorry about that!

?

sorry Larry I'll be careful next time. AZPhill :yes you're right rivets look like new, the skin doesn't smell at all unlike my other frogs. and I don't like the label either. Have you ever seen such a frog?What do you think about this Bayonet FrogWhat do you think about this Bayonet FrogWhat do you think about this Bayonet Frog

the frog and the stamp are modern fakes.

IMO

I agree. A repro frog.