MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Digging at Auschwitz?

Article about: Have sent a complaint to ebay will let you know what they say when they reply.

?

Default Re: Digging at Auschwitz?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Well, my point of view is that whoever dug these relics is scum. I don't care what his reasons and care not a jot in the 'historical interest' that he believes they have. These people and their belongings should be left to rest in peace.

This is the fifth draft of this response. I had to delete the other four as they were too strong. But that's just me I suppose.

It seems to me that this guy is the type that wouldn't think twice about buying items, in the 1940's, that he knew had come from murdered civilians.

He should be ashamed of himself. Deeply deeply ashamed.Steve T
    Got to go with Steve on this i'm a Battlefield digger but this is just plain wrong i'm afraid .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Disgraceful.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Exclamation Re: Digging at Auschwitz?

Purchasing such items would encourage further diggers ..

Some words from the 1970's .....

YouTube - Bronowski (The Ascent of Man) on Auschwitz & Science

... Enough said !

Gary J.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    It would be kind of cool if we bought the lot as a forum and then donated the items ourselves, just so that they're out of this scumbag's hands and out of the collector's market for good. Plus we would make headlines. : )

...or at least in D.C. anyway haha

This is just something that should never happen.
    The police should keep a close eye these guys

?

Unfortunately there are those who dont have a heart and cant see beyond the dollars. For me this guy is as sick as the the people who ordered the holocaust and carried it out. Low life scum

I will agree that these acts are disgraceful. I believe that there are some things of the past that should never be unearthed.

3mk
    ?

Im not defending the seller in any way, but I highly doubt these were dug up at Auschwitz.
    I find it extremly disrespectful to by selling these and maybe even worse lying about these being dug up in Auschwitz

I didnt think you could sell this stuff on ebay. It's so so wrong!!! (if it even came from there in the first place)

I don't think that items from such a site should be sold. If you spend much time a Birkenau you need only to grab some soil and have a good chance thet it will contain human teeth. The Sondorkommando wanted to make sure that the Nazis would never be able to conceal the magnitude of the murder. They would pull the gold teeth fron the corpses after they had been gassed... They would secertly pull as many normal teeth as they could... place them in their pockets and dribble them down the legs of their trousers and shuffel them in to the dirt so the evidence would be everywhere. It is still there today.

There are at least 3 buried milk cans full of diaries, artwork and other items that have still yet to be found there. 2 or 3 cans were found years ago and are the source of most of the real-time documentation of life in hell.

Hello Gentlemen,
    It is true to say that our hobby can cart along some poor minded human beings who don't consider the consequences of their actions...I met once a collector and visited him at home after he invited me. He had a mixed collection of armed forces/political TR militaria items and after having a look for a while i saw a small and thin cabinet hanged to a wall. Inside, there were empty and broken bottles, pieces of cloth, rusted tins, cartridges...some had been fired...and a lot of unidentified (to me) things and a pair of relic leather shoes for a child, like a very small pair of ankle boots. With proud in his voice, he told me "I found these things in the garbage at Majdanek in Poland" and "there are still things to find...". Hard to feel like vomiting and stay focused on the visit...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast