Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Holocaust related movies

Article about: Yes Gunny, it is indeed a very well produced work - and accurate portrayal of the Sonderkommando at Auschwitz-II, Birkenau. I highly recommend the Nyiszli book too, which the film was based

Quote by CBH View Post
    I have a question , when Spielberg was making Schindler's list I believe he started a project recording the Holocaust Survivors stories . Does anyone know how to access this database ? Thanks for your help .
    https://www.ushmm.org/online/film/di...?file_num=4481
    Is this it mate?.....

Quote by CARL View Post
    Tomorrow night, looking forward to it.
    Carl,
    Did you see "The Zoo Keeper's Wife"?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CBH
    ?

Thanks for the links , no luck with my quick search. I'm going to have to stop in and talk to his son.

On the topic of movies , the documentary "Night Will Fall" 2014 is a great work .It's about a documentary the British where making call "German Concentration Camps Factual Survey" being made about the liberation but later shelved for political reasons post TR.

Also "Hitler's Death Squad" is a worth watching , it shows the holocaust by bullets carried out on the Eastern Front by the Einsatzgruppe. It contains a lot of film I'd never seen before .

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Carl,
    Hi Greg, sorry for the late reply, I had a sudden change in plans and had to travel. Didn't catch the movie yet (due to travel) but hope to see it over the weekend. Will post once I have have chance to watch it anyway.

Carl

CBH
    ?

I wanted to mention two shows shown on US channel PBS recently , firstly "Holocaust Escape Tunnel" recounts the story of the escape by Jewish prisoners from Vilna Lithuanian. Secondly "Escape from a Nazi Death Camp" is the story of the escape from Sobibor. Both are well worth watching, don't let the poorly put together uniforms put you off.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Carl,
    Finally...

Got to see it earlier today. All I would say is, go see it - we thought it was very well done. And interesting to notice so many of the locations used for the filming, were here (Prague).

That's good to hear. I thought the trailer looked good. I'm looking forward
    to seeing the enire movie.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

This is a must watch film as well. Vanessa Redgrave gave a very moving performance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holocaust related movies  

I watched a couple of good documentaries last night on Amazon.

The first was:

Josef Mengele: Hunting a Nazi Criminal (2017)

Certainly the best film I have seen about him. The main detail covers his time in South America.

The second one I watched was:

2 or 3 Things I Know About Him (2006)

This is about Hanns Ludin, a former SA Leader, who became ambassador to Slovakia. Well worth watching. His wife kept his items. Just watch when they open the box. The film follows his children as they attempt to come to terms with his past.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Some sad news today…

Claude Lanzmann, director of the 1985 epic Shoah, had died in Paris aged 92.

R.I.P.

- - ------- - -

Some sad news today…

Claude Lanzmann, director of the 1985 epic Shoah, had died in Paris aged 92.

R.I.P.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast