Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.

Article about: Only now adding my "thanks" and "respects" to this thread. Most certainly not because I had forgotten this most important day , but I personally like to "reflect and

?

Default International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.

Today, the 27th January, is International Holocaust Remembrance Day. The commemorative events that take place around the world, will do so to coincide with the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, the largest camp complex within the Konzentrationslagers system. From Auschwitz-II Birkenau, largest of all camps, to the smallest of satellite camps within the Reich and its occupied lands, let those who were there be remembered. Although many historians believe that the term Holocaust should only be used in relation to the millions of Jewish victims, other groups, such as the Roma, Sinti and millions of non-Jewish Poles, should also be remembered.

Itzhak Perlman Schindler's List Lincoln Center - YouTube
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.   International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.  

International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.   International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.  

Last edited by CARL; 01-27-2016 at 01:15 PM.

?

It is good to remember.
    The racist deniers are prolific, stupid but prolific.

“Monsters exist, but they are too few in numbers to be truly dangerous. More dangerous are…the functionaries ready to believe and act without asking questions.”
    ― Primo Levi
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    It is good to remember.
    I'll second that mate!.......

Quote by SteveR View Post
    It is good to remember.

"....In Italy, meanwhile, President Giorgio Napolitano condemned as a "miserable provocation" threats against Rome's Jewish community in recent days, including the delivery of packages containing pig heads.

Napolitano said Monday during Holocaust Memorial Day commemorations that recent insults made against the Jewish community are "comparable only to the repugnant material in those packages."

Italian police detained two men, ages 33 and 47, on suspicion of instigating racial hatred for anti-Semitic graffiti, including denial of the Holocaust, near the main judicial offices in Rome. Authorities say the men belong to different far-right groups.

No arrests have been announced in the delivery of the pig heads."
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    "....In Italy, meanwhile, President Giorgio Napolitano condemned as a "miserable provocation" threats against Rome's Jewish community in recent days, including the delivery of packages containing pig heads.

Napolitano said Monday during Holocaust Memorial Day commemorations that recent insults made against the Jewish community are "comparable only to the repugnant material in those packages."

Italian police detained two men, ages 33 and 47, on suspicion of instigating racial hatred for anti-Semitic graffiti, including denial of the Holocaust, near the main judicial offices in Rome. Authorities say the men belong to different far-right groups.

No arrests have been announced in the delivery of the pig heads."
    Very well known that rome has a large far right community, all you have to do is watch those idiots in football games who hold pro nazi banners.
    Quite disgusting that some people in a modern country have such stupid views and are not thrown in jail.

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Today, the 27th January, is International Holocaust Remembrance Day. The commemorative events that take place around the world, will do so to coincide with the 69th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, the largest camp complex within the Konzentrationslagers system. From Auschwitz-II Birkenau, largest of all camps, to the smallest of satellite camps within the Reich and its occupied lands, let those who were there be remembered. Although many historians believe that the term Holocaust should only be used in relation to the millions of Jewish victims, other groups, such as the Roma, Sinti and millions of non-Jewish Poles, should also be remembered.

Itzhak Perlman Schindler's List Lincoln Center - YouTube
    imo i think holocaust should be used for all victims of persecution under Nazi rule.

I will upload my pics from the ceremony I took part in in London yesterday. Just got home.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Carl forgot to say thanks for the reminder.

Hi Guys, as usual our group was at the Soviet War Memorial in London for this event. Being a week day there was just 4 of us in attendance.

I will add a link to my friend Sigita's photo site, as she has uploaded a lot of great pics:

Holocaust Memorial Day. London. Borough of Southwark. 27 Jan'14 - a set on Flickr

A very moving day with several first hand testamonies given from Holocaust survivors.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.   International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.  

International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.   International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.  

International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27.1.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast