Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Jastrebarsko - concentration camp for children

Article about: Approximately 30km southwest of Zagreb, alongside the Karlovac-Zagreb highway, lies the town of Jastrebarsko - site of one of the former Ustaša concentration camps specifically for children.

Default Re: Jastrebarsko - concentration camp for children

Thanks again Carl. I had not heard for these places......dreadful.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    So God didnt save them? Hm, maybe there was a reason for him turning his back to them while they were in prison themselfs....
    I never blame God ( Great Spirit ) for the works of man.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    So God didnt save them? Hm, maybe there was a reason for him turning his back to them while they were in prison themselfs....
    Thats the misconception of man...it is not that God turned his back,,,... but man turned his back on God. This place would of never been liberated or found if He didnt care..but made a way for this camp to be known and found Ultimately there is a reason why things happen they way they do..but it all comes together for one sole purpose.

When it comes to small children..it is more difficult to make to make sense these reasons. Im glad you posted that Comment Trondk

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

very sad.

Carl, I am at a loss for words. As you know, I have a young daughter and threads on a subject like this have a great deal of impact on me. I have to bite my tongue also, If i said what I was feeling I'd be banned in a heartbeat. And all this talk of God, sorry boys, this sort of thing just confirms my belief that their is no such being.

An unspeakably Evil place of true Horror. Still there for all to see and contemplate. The Sun still warms the cold windblown stones of it's tall gaunt walls behind which things from the darkest reaches of the minds of Man occurred. But, sadly, over time, even such places and incidents as These slowly fade from Reality and blur into Legend,Myth and Rumor, until eventually they are the equivalent of fairy tales and boogie man stories. Just as there exists true Good in this World, there does, indeed, also exist true Evil as well and here is but a single example from the Ages. It is articles and photos like these presented here, however brief, that help prevent this from happening. They save the memories-however repugnant and revolting they may be. They save them from being erased from Time and Memory itself. How many collectors here alone would have ever believed that a place like Jastrebarsko could and did even exist? That full habit garbed Catholic Nuns could have Ever been accused of performing such soul chilling Evil? But, perform it they did. The old black and white fading photos Prove that they did. As the years pass by and the living witnesses cease to be, it is just these photos and accounts that are left to carry on the job of reminding the future generations of what Man is capable of. What was in the Minds of these black hearted "holy women" when they were whipping 3 year old children with salt soaked whips to burn into their young backs? Do we really Want to know?

The Castle of Jastrebarsko still stands today-a mute reminder that won't go away. In the US, doubtless, it would have been razed to the ground as so many scenes of blood and nightmare so often are here. One has to wonder of the inhabitants of the town-do they know the full extent of what really happened there? Is the burial ground of so many hundreds of tiny graves still there-still tended and cared for? What do the towns people Think when they look up at the stone walls of this Castle of Nightmares Past? Are the Ustashe Churches still being attended today-the very Alters where hundreds of diabolically Savage torture murders occurred "until the blood and brains of the victims flowed down from them and out into the Streets"...are they still being hypocritically used to this very day for "holy ceremonies of worship"? Somehow, I suspect that they probably are....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A moving and informative thread.

?

Thank you for the respectful comments gents. The thread patently addresses one of the darkest locales in modern history, which undoubtedly raises emotions that are hard to keep in check. It is commendable that the members are able to respond in an appropriate manner - for that, I thank you.

Regards,

Carl

I had not heard of this camp before, so thank you for sharing, Carl. It's very sobering to see these photographs.

Dave, I feel the same way. I tend to keep my fingers at bay for fear of being banned. The problem of evil makes things hard to make sense of. However, we should remember that for these kids and all of the victims of the Holocaust combined, faith in a higher power (in the form of putting fate in the hands of someone else) is really all one can do to cope. "There are no atheists in foxholes," or in gas chambers.

I want to add that as I read these threads, I realize how easy it is to forget about all of this stuff. I wake up, go to class, learn about anthropology, go to work at Subway, spend time with my friends and family, check out the forum, and go to sleep. It baffles me how this happened just a few decades ago. We live in a world where we just expect everything to be automatically righteous, even though that's definitely not the case. I think about what it would have been like to be a citizen of the world at that time. We seem to always try to imagine it with some level of romantic antiquity. They were people, folks- no different from the rest of us. We are all capable of genocide at some point, as much as we'd hate to admit. As you peruse these threads, don't look at the photos as if they are something of the past. This shit still happens today, albeit on a smaller scale. Remember that if God is not to blame, then you have a responsibility to maintain the welfare and dignity of other human beings, not to any sort of higher power.

Controversial forum post over- I promise, there won't be another one of these for a few years. I spend a lot of time here and sometimes I just have to project.

These photos are from Jasenovac, not Jastrebarsko.

Regards
    Vedran

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast