Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

KZ-Außenlager Holleischen (Floßenbürg sub-camp)

Article about: Good thread. Thanks. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Kz holleischen

Good thread. Thanks.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very interesting and informative.

?

Thank you gentlemen. As mentioned earlier in the thread, some prisoners at KZ Holleischen were issued with MWH marked bottle tokens at the metal works factory. Pictured below is an example of such a token.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ-Außenlager Holleischen (Floßenbürg sub-camp)   KZ-Außenlager Holleischen (Floßenbürg sub-camp)  

KZ-Außenlager Holleischen (Floßenbürg sub-camp)  
    Last edited by CARL; 09-29-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Interesting thread

The partisan group that liberated the KZ Holýšov was The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska) which was a tactical unit of the Polish underground NSZ organisation.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Nice photos thanks for sharing

all the best,
    Stefan

?

You're welcome gents, thank you for the kind comments.

Regards,

Carl

?

Hi Carl,

I'd like to ask you about it:

1) "The camp was finally liberated on May 5th 1945 by US troops, who freed approximately 700 women."

What about this:

Jean Michelin de Clermont Ferrand, one of the prisoners at Holleischen (Holyšov) camp:

Poles who liberated us, forestalled Americans. They [Polish partisants] took the prisoner, one of our SS-men, who in testimony said that everything was ready for the next day in the afeternoon to blow up the whole camp.Poles then the next morning attacked the camp. (...)

(...) The guards on duty raise hands up and leave the weapon. We assit with amazing scene not to be forgotten - leaving all the guards with hands up, and the women guards coming down the stairs with the bundles, which drop by raising hands. They dump handbagd and throw off their coats. Followed by turn the commanders give guns to Polish partisants (...)

"In the following days, a number of prisoners of Holishov managed to see the guards at the Polish partisants camp. They come back excited, talking about their shaven heads, bare feet, blows they receive. None of them were shot. We will be represented when they judge them."

Mrs Eugenia Dziarnowska, prisoner No. 50579, mentions: Even in the deepest dreams we did not dream about the liberation of the camp by the Polish soldiers. 5th May - joy, surprise, pride"

The US Army seized the area but the camp was already liberated, the prisoners free and the guards arrested.

---------

2) Where did you find this?:
    "The prisoners were invited to join the partizans if they so wished, and indeed many did, although several hours later, the Jewish women who had left returned. The partizans had informed them that no Jews were welcome amongst them."

I found memoirs of the Polish partisants. They were deeply moved by what they saw at the Jewish part of the camp. I don't think they sent any Jewish woman back... because of being a Jew.
    Recalls of Poles you can find here (translate.google.com ?):
    Brygada

+

Jean Michelin de Clermont Ferrand, one of the prisoners at Holleischen (Holyšov) camp:
    "After the scenes of enthusiasm, trying to lynch and plunder, the only remaining at the camp were French women, as if fearing the return of the Germans."

P.S. Interesting photos. Thank you.

?

websky,

Firstly, welcome to the forum, and many thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Now, regarding your question about my information...

My information came via the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, from a Jewish survivor's own memories. This, together with my ongoing correspondence with a local historian, who is internationally recognised as an authority on Holýšov, plus my own personal correspondence with another survivor of the camp, are my main sources. One thing that needs to be understood here, is that the role of the Polish Partizans, who arrived before any US troops, needs to be highlighted more than it was in my original thread. Rest assured that it will be in the future, when my forthcoming work has been completed.

Regards,

Carl

Hi Carl
    Very nice Thread.
    Too bad i missed before.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Carl,
    Thank you for the explanation.

Extras:

Holleischen, 5.5.1945. Partisants and former prisoners shortly after the liberation of the camp.

(I will try to find a better copy of this image, if needed)

Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ-Außenlager Holleischen (Floßenbürg sub-camp)  

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast