Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Welcome to the new Konzentrationslagers forum

Article about: Welcome to the new Konzentrationslagers forum. Information related to the events and sites will be presented here in a respectful and correct manner - please note the warning message posted

?

Default Re: Welcome to the new Konzentrationslagers forum

A good idea..looking forward to reading more & eductaing myself on this subject....Cheers Terry.

?

Your work in the research and history of the Konzentrationslagers together with the way in which you present your findings is a credit to you, the forum and the memories of those who endured this dark time of humanity.

Keep up the good work and I'm sure you can count on the forum staff and the contribution of all members to keep this section clean, tidy, on topic and away from controversy.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Not to be argumentitive but Nazi camps and prisons were in many places in Europe not just Germany.
    "Politically correct" is a term for "morons" that can't think for themselves and follow the herd.
    I hate that term and the idiots that follow its dictates.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Your work in the research and history of the Konzentrationslagers together with the way in which you present your findings is a credit to you, the forum and the memories of those who endured this dark time of humanity.

Keep up the good work and I'm sure you can count on the forum staff and the contribution of all members to keep this section clean, tidy, on topic and away from controversy.
    Thank you Adrian, I appreciate both your kind words and the support of the great team that Ade has put in place here on WRF - its an honour to be a part of it.

Indeed thanks to all the members who have offered their support regarding my coverage of this area - it is great to know that you care.

Regards,

Carl

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Not to be argumentitive but Nazi camps and prisons were in many places in Europe not just Germany.
    That is indeed quite correct Steve. Several of these locales have already been covered, with many more to follow - it is important that we remember that these camps were not only within the German borders, but also the occupied lands.

Steve, I have lived for 16 years in USSR:-) Belive me - i know pretty well how it is to live in a country where You can not speak what You really think even to the closest friends. And now our "free" EU remembers me every day more and more that regime - we have now again some topics we can not discuss because when we do it in some EU countries we can find ourselves in jail. There were the times when You were executed as a witch when You did not belived in some dogmas. These days are back. Of course nobody will burn You when You have some other opinions about some historical facts but You will get a lot of trouble. So I personally do not comment any Holocaust related topics or any topics connected with it. If You will feed a wolf - he just grows stronger. So - do not feed!

Good luck Carl .You are the right man for the job.

Martin

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Very nice that all KL, holocaust and related topics are in special forum now. And as about the GULAG and other so called mass murders - I see it is not appropriate in 2013 to talk about it in the same forum we are discussing Holocaust and III Reich crimes. I hope everyone will understand that there is only 1 Holocaust, the KL-s were only in nazi Germany and so also gas chambers. So please - be politically correct:-).
    Below from historian Richard Overy: The concentration camp - Richard Overy An international perspective

"....German communists were to be found in Soviet camps and German camps; in 1940 some were returned from Soviet imprisonment to face execution or a camp in Germany. Soviet prisoners in German camps found themselves at the end of the war interrogated and abused by their Soviet liberators; a substantial fraction was sent to the camps, accused of collaboration."

Many of these German communists were Jewish.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    So please - be politically correct:-).
    With utmost respect, IMO it is always preferable to be historically correct than politically correct
    Last edited by StefanM; 06-11-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Outstanding and Well needed. Great idea Carl...it is very important that these threads be kept together for the very reasons that History of this pertinent period in time should not be forgotten and kept all together as such! This sub-forum will serve its purpose in its entirety for the very reasons of historical study!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Very interesting area of research, serious but interesting nonetheless. Good to have everything in one place which will make moderating this serious topic a bit easier as well.

Keep up the good work Carl!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast