Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

The World's Oldest Man, Survivor of Auschwitz

Article about: The Guinness World Records organisation has recognised Yisrael Kristal, a Polish Jew born in 1903, as the world's oldest man. Kristal, a survivor of several camps, lost children and his wife

?

Default The World's Oldest Man, Survivor of Auschwitz

The Guinness World Records organisation has recognised Yisrael Kristal, a Polish Jew born in 1903, as the world's oldest man. Kristal, a survivor of several camps, lost children and his wife during the Holocaust. When eventually liberated by the Aliies, he weighed just 37 kg (5.8 stone).

Further details below courtesy of the BBC website:

Auschwitz survivor is world's oldest man - Guinness World Records - BBC News

Carl

Has anyone, I wonder, ever tallied the exact number of inmates that had once been in Auschwitz but survived? How many were ever released?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Has anyone, I wonder, ever tallied the exact number of inmates that had once been in Auschwitz but survived? How many were ever released?
    Impossible to calculate accurately as the majority of the documentation was destroyed by the SS prior to the evacuation of the camp complex, yet very limited numbers of individuals were certainly released from concentration camps - more so through the earlier phase of the concentration camps.

The oldest survivors I have met often appeared far younger than their advanced years...testament to their incredible resolve...