Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Zyklon tins..

Article about: Hi Everyone. Deliberated long and hard about posting these items. Previous similiar threads have attract some negative responses and questions such as "why?"...so at the risk of op

Default Zyklon tins..

Hi Everyone. Deliberated long and hard about posting these items. Previous similiar threads have attract some negative responses and questions such as "why?"...so at the risk of opening a can of worms....pun intended...here goes!<br>All I can do is show you the items, tell you what I know about them and see if anybody is highly schooled in these matters as I seek information and opinions.<br>These were purchased at a market in France from a gent aged 50ish who had inherited his dad's farm locally. He said his father had travelled around Europe at wars end and had visited Buchenwald where he had collected many items. He said he had 3 and had decided to sell 2. He refused to sell all 3 when asked and was given I&nbsp; was given choice which 2 to have. He said he would forward picture of the rest of the collection, and he was good to his word.<br>First used in California in 1880 as a pesticide, Cyanide was produced by Degesh as a subsidiary of IG Fabern in the 20s for delousing and other pest control applications. IG Fabern was the biggest single contributor to the nazi party during the election of 1933 and had joined with several large industrialists to&nbsp; create a secret personal slush fund for AH&nbsp;<br>In 1922 Degesh was bought by Degussa who then devised a new method of packaging the cyanide into sealed tins and changed the formula which was called zyklon b to differentiate between the two variants. Its use in camps began circa 1942. They were supplied in cardboard boxes with a complimentary black, flat handled can opener on some occasions. Example of box can be found on Auschwitz musuem website, will respect their copyright.&nbsp;<br>The cans where opened this way by the ss guards and then poured through the opening of approx 2ft square and the lid was closed. The pellets fell into the chamber where they began to breakdown. Rate was reliant on heat and humidity so with very cold conditions that process could take up to half an hour with obvious horrific consequences.<br>With all ww2 items the question of authenticity arrises. I have included a shot of tins under UV light and they appear to be negative.<br>After many hours examaning labels and tins from lots of sources I can spot obvious differences from some examples including differemt wording and layout for the 2 different types of labels, as well as physical differences in the can desigm. When Degussa started manufacturing the contemts where put into comtainers of rolled steel welded dowm the seam with rippled lids applied to the top amd bottom, as seen in many museum examples. These tins would appear to be resealable with an airtight seal and is stamped from one piece of steel with no joint to the bottom. I wonder if this was an earlier example intended for domestic use as you would only require small amounts at any one time?<br>Anyway, if they're fake he put on one great show and I have been conned by a master lol.<br>As to the whys...I struggle to see how people comment after drawing their own morale lines across the collecting landscape...most people think its a bit weird to be interested in "nazi memorabilia " but surrounded by the like minded its easy to forget...its not "normal" to be fascinated by that period of history and the events that took place. This is uncomfortable history and to dismiss it as too macabre or near the knuckle is the worst thing that you can do to the memory of all those who died...surely? Are people who pay to tour Auschwitz etc or go to look at a Lancaster or V2 in a museum revelling in the mass slaughter these machines&nbsp; or places inflicted or are they paying respect to the events and respectively remembering the people and places who were caught up in it all. I know these items connect me to the darkest hours of humanity and make me humble and grateful for all that we now take for granted.<br>Please dont comment if the items offend you or you are not well versed in the subject.<br>Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zyklon tins..   Zyklon tins..  

Zyklon tins..   Zyklon tins..  

Zyklon tins..  

Default Zyklon tins

More pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zyklon tins..   Zyklon tins..  

Zyklon tins..  

Hello...well you did post this topic in the correct forum for sure and thankyou for that.
    Moderator Carl will along to further assist you and the content of your post.

Threads like this can easily go off the rails in a matter of many thoughts and opinions ..and this thread will be monitored.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Lets just remember which country "invented ' comcentration camps in the modern sense and had many centuries of mass slaughter already under their belts due to participation in the slave trade!....not sure we are in any position to take any form of moral high ground...do you?
    Wont llet me upload UV shots sorry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zyklon tins..  

I don't criticize anybody's area of collecting, each to his own. It is all part and parcel of history. Nice write up BTW.

?

finnlald is a new country then….. (should be Finnland) as shown on your attached photos

That seems pretty dodgy to me

Also I don’t think your phrasing in your second post makes sense… it implies it is pointless for any discussion regarding atrocities

Zyklon tins..

Zyklon tins..

?

Another spelling mistake

Das Riechs should be Das Reichs

Zyklon tins..Zyklon tins..

bud this is a fake imo

The top two tins pictured are the ones in question. The example shown in your post were added as others for comparasion. The example sjown after the picture of three tins should be after the collection..pictures ...not sure why it lladed that way?

Combatzone,

Your last comment in your first posting was not necessary. "Please dont comment if the items offend you or you are not well versed in the subject".

The members of the forum are here to learn and it does not matter if someone is well versed or a novice in this matter or any topic for that matter. We are here to inform and educate and not discourage members who may have a question, but may feel that their question is not valid because they are not well versed... These are the type of comments that if misread or misinterpreted due to someone's language barriers, it may bring more unnecessary comments and eventual locking of the subject.

In addition we should be specifically talking about the Zyklon B Cannisters and not talking about what country invented concentration camps etc.. It holds no relevance to the canisters themselves.

I too will be CLOSLEY monitoring this topic and I have absolutely no issues deleting improper comments that are not related to the cannisters themselves.

Keep this on track folks.. First and Final Warning

Smitty

Thats an example posted for comparison....first two tims are the one s we are talking about, then pictured with the one he wanted to keep for the collection...shown in the two later pics posted....all others are for comparasion.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast