Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard

Article about: Hello all I would appreciate any thoughts and opinions on this Horster piece as I am not very familiar with this manufacturers naval products.Thanks in advance Geoff

Default Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard

Hello all I would appreciate any thoughts and opinions on this Horster piece as I am not very familiar with this manufacturers naval products.Thanks in advance

Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard   Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard  

Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard   Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard  

Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard
    P
    Many

?

Hey Geoff, Can you take some close up pictures of the Etch on the blade on this one? I also would like to hear Danny and Ger's thoughts once we see the blade. I had one a few years back come across by Horster that was not good.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

The central screw on the reverse of the scabbard and acid etched logo on reverse of the early dagger blade.. This all makes it 100% postwar dagger.

Regards
    Sorge

?

Hello Geoff,
    I agree with Sorge. Without any doubts is that unfortunately a postwar dagger.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Thank you all for the comments,I have a couple of more "Suspects" I will post later as they say "The Devil is in the Details!!"

Regards,Geoff

?

Quote by Sorge View Post
    The central screw on the reverse of the scabbard and acid etched logo on reverse of the early dagger blade.. This all makes it 100% postwar dagger.

Regards
    Sorge
    That says it all: backside screw, no need to look into it any futher…..

Cheers
    Ger

Hey Ger, I meant to say.. it gets better!! I was actually presented these items from someone who acquired them from his father. At first from the photos looked pretty good once in hand they were just disturbing enough to make me go to the " Big Guns" The Eickhorn lettering is pretty bad I was hoping these pics might be of help so all comments are appreciated. Thanks,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard   Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard  

Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard   Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard  

The lightning boly scabbard looks OK to me except for the fact that someone appears to have "Shined it up!" with Brasso or something similar DO NOT EVER USE BRASSO on daggers or swords! G.

?

Hi Geoff

you can compare this Eickhorn with several ones on the Forum, for example
    Beautyfull Eickhorn KM dagger, opinions needed please.

DR73 Danny has a part of his collection here as a sticky, it shows real good reference material.
    Then Oleg ( The Big) has a great KM dagger website, that one is a great help:
    Home - kriegsmarinedolch

Regards
    Ger

Here are a couple of side by side comparisons of the blades Trademarks on the Eickhorn piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger reproduction with hammered scabbard  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast