Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger with m38 pommel and portepee

Article about: Hello, Attached are some photos of my Kriegsmarine dagger. Please feel free to comment about it. Thank you, Bob

Tomaz, yes I see the pommel is facing the wrong way, funny But I never made the connection!
    I did try to loosen but it is very snug and I don't want to mess with it. Be my luck I'll screw something up or someone down the road will find the pommel loose and over tighten it. Thank you for your expert observations. It was nice to learn so much about this dagger. Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 1st model Hörster etched dagger with m38 pommel and portepee
    P
    Many

?

Hi Bob. Could you please check out if the crossguard and the tang of the blade have a some numbers?
    Best, Oleg.

Thanks for your question Oleg, but as I stated in the previous, I do not want to take my dagger apart and risk damaging something. Sorry I could not be of help to you. Bob

?

Hello Bob.
    Thank you for your answer. As far as I know, Hörster used by the KM daggers only fouled anchor motif of the etching. As already said, your dagger has a replacement eagle as a pommel. With my question about the numbers I just wanted only to check whether the parts have the matching numbers. And first of all the tang of the blade. If so, then I would say that you have a 1929 pattern dagger of the Reichsmarine, adopted to wearing in 3. Reich.
    Of course you don't need to take your dagger apart.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2