Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need Authentication

Article about: Hey guy I need your help on Eickhorn What do you think ? To me the pommel and scabbard are wrong. The portepee is for army dagger. What about the hanger,is it good ? Thanks for reply

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need Authentication

Hey guy
    I need your help on Eickhorn
    What do you think ?
    To me the pommel and scabbard are wrong.
    The portepee is for army dagger.
    What about the hanger,is it good ?
    Thanks for reply

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need Authentication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need Authentication
    P
    Many

Hi Ivan..scabbard is junk 1 piece construction ...carrying bands are not separately applied.

The Hangers are good from what I can see showing what is to be expected in details. A few pics inside the reverse of the lions buckle could help..and will show a forge marking.

I agree pommel is not what it appears..and portepee is not Naval. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The hilt and blade are original, the pommel is WKC but Eickhorn and WKC bought and sold parts from and too each other, the scabbard as Larry says is post war.

?

I agree with what's been said above but additionally I think the pommel is a reproduction too. Just look at some at the differences between an original. Especially at the sharp line alongside the little breastfeathers of the reproduction pommel.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with hangers - Need Authentication  

?

Hi Danny, yes I noticed that, could this not be a bit of extra hand enhancement, if not its a good reproduction.
    Would like to see some pics of the reverse of the pommel.

?

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    ...but Eickhorn and WKC bought and sold parts from and too each other.

Hello Tomaz.
    I have also heard this theory. However, there are no proofs of it. It would be a nonsense for me, if two largest makers of the Navy daggers would buy and sell a parts from and too each other. The latest Navy daggers by Eickhorn have also a parts of this maker.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

I agree that for a reproduction the pommel looks really nice. But for an original it doesn't look so nice IMHO I would like to see another example by WKC with these sharp lines alongside the feathers. I've checked mine and a dozen on the internet and none have this particular detail. I also can't remember ever seeing this on an original WKC pommel but I always like a surprise, so if someone can post a similar example I would like to see it.

Danny

?

Quote by thebig View Post
    Hello Tomaz.
    I have also heard this theory. However, there are no proofs of it. It would be a nonsense for me, if two largest makers of the Navy daggers would buy and sell a parts from and too each other. The latest Navy daggers by Eickhorn have also a parts of this maker.
    Best,
    Oleg.
    Hi Oleg, I have read on other threads that Tom Johnson made a visit to the Eickhorn factory in the 60s and acquired hundreds of invoices showing business between the two companies which for me is good proof that this practise occurred.

I agree Danny I have never came across one like this, if it is a repro its a bit worrying that these are getting to be so good.

?

Hi Tomaz.

I have also heard about the invoices. I have seen some invoices by WKC as well. But they were not for the deals with Eickhorn. And never for the deals with a parts for a naval daggers. There are no naval daggers of Eickhorn or from WKC from the sure sources which show the parts of the other manufacturer. So I would be more careful with such proofs like the stories about the invoices.

Best, Oleg.

sub contractors were plentiful during the period of other varied dagger types..and would be interesting to see who may have participated .....
    ( if any in the Kriegsmarine sense ) ...not that this is the case here with this parted dagger posted..but overall between major companies such as Eickhorn, Pack , WKC ...much was sub contracted out.

Look at the Heer dagger confused mess . One needs a Physics degree to figure out and understand why so many fittings were traded between so many Heer producers. Fortunately for this forum..we have some Heer Greats that ca explain this ..and Member Gerrits up coming Heer Reference that cracks the fitting confusion code.

So this thread is not about Heer daggers..but my point is to leave open the possibilities that there has been some trading and sub contracting done between " some "producers overall " in many dagger types.

The Naval dagger itself appears mostly produced unmessed with,... to which ( 1 Producer = all consistent fittings ).
    Everyone likes to find these daggers like this..who doesnt? ........ Purists arent we all ?

IMO.the Kriegsmarine dagger has to be the most ornate and well crafted piece of art created for side carry..and would make sense that we see all fittings to be consistent with each other on these daggers. Thoughts?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast