Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need Authentication

Article about: Hi all, Apologies for posting this topic again, but I was requested to upload my pictures to the forum rather than using links. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the below piece.

?

Question Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need Authentication

Hi all,

Apologies for posting this topic again, but I was requested to upload my pictures to the forum rather than using links.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the below piece. I have only just started collecting and would like to confirm it’s authenticity. Since posting my original topic, a few people have raised concerns that the scabbard may not be original to the dagger, or visa versa. As I'm a new collector, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am still able to return the dagger if I'm not happy, hence I would appreciate some honest and frank opinions.

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
    Jack.

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need Authentication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need Authentication
    P
    Many

?

Please also see attached the internals of the scabbard:

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger parts dagger- Need Authentication

?

I have seen the discussion for this dagger on WAF and agree that you should return the dagger, I can only add that pic 7 shows a very poor fit of the grip to crossguard, you don't want to start your collection with one like this.

Best Tomaz.

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    I have seen the discussion for this dagger on WAF and agree that you should return the dagger, I can only add that pic 7 shows a very poor fit of the grip to crossguard, you don't want to start your collection with one like this.

Best Tomaz.
    Kriegsmarine Eickhorn Dagger - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi gents,

Many thanks for your replies.

I also decided to post here as I happened to come across the forum in a Google search. Please don't take it personally that I came here after going to Wehrmacht Awards!

The guys over there seem to be confounded by the scabbard. I'd really appreciate a few more opinions overall before potentially sending it back as there seems to be disagreement over its authenticity.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,
    Jack.

?

Even if the scabbard is authentic, with a 35-41 maker marked blade, 42 steel scabbard and what looks like a pot metal crossguard and a 38 replacement pommel and badly fit grip it would not be one for me. The steel scabbard if authentic should be with the 41-42 "over the shoulder" maker mark.

Best Tomaz

?

Hi Tomaz,

Many thanks for your reply once again.

Would pot metal metal crossguard indicate that it's postwar/fake?

Many thanks,

Kind regards,
    Jack.

?

Apologies for posting once again, but re your marks on the pommel, does '38' indicate that it is earlier than the blade and/or that the dagger is essentially constructed with various pieces from different time frames?

Many thanks.

?

The dagger is constructed with miss matched time frame parts, you should not find late steel and pot metal fittings with a 1938 "replacement pommel, the pommel could be ok for the blade but not the other parts.

Best Tomaz.

?

Hi Tomaz,

Many thanks for your input once again. I'll likely be sending an E-Mail to the dealer shortly, so I'd like to summarise my reasoning:

To clarify:

• The pommel is correct for the time period.
    • The blade and stamp matches the above, hence it would be considered correct.

However...

• The cross guard does not tally with the above due to the pot metal manufacture (Can I ask, when did they begin to use this method with Kreigsmarine daggers? What is the earlier alternative to pot metal?).
    • The scabbard does not tally as it is of later manufacture.

Many thanks once again,

Kind regards,
    Jack.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast