Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepee

Article about: Hi all..i saw this dagger what appears to a be a very attractive naval dirk with ivory handle and hammered scabbard made by Hoerster. i know that Hoerster produced many naval daggers after t

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepee

Hi all..i saw this dagger what appears to a be a very attractive naval dirk with ivory handle and hammered scabbard made by Hoerster.
    i know that Hoerster produced many naval daggers after the war but from what i see,this item doesn't show the red flags written in TW book...but i'd like your expert opinions on it
    Many thanks
    Luca
    Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepee
    P
    Many

Is that an Ivory rip or just a cracked plastic?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

the seller says it as genuine ivory...and gives a week of inspection also if he's a private collector....

I like what I see.

?

Hi Luca , looking at the wear to the MM it looks from the pics that the blade has endured some heavy cleaning but other than that , it seems very nice , certainly looks to have a genuine ivory grip , nice hammered scabbard and good conditioned knot , which looks like it has been on there forever . So , other than blade issues looks to be a good above average example .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

thanks for your help guys..

From what I see in the images I'm inclined to agree with the following assessment:

Quote by Alan M View Post
    Hi Luca , looking at the wear to the MM it looks from the pics that the blade has endured some heavy cleaning but other than that , it seems very nice , certainly looks to have a genuine ivory grip , nice hammered scabbard and good conditioned knot , which looks like it has been on there forever . So , other than blade issues looks to be a good above average example .
    Best Regards, Fred

Not often that one sees genuine Ivory grips. A Nice upgrade-along with the hammered sheath. Am not seeing anything glaringly wrong on this one-it looks to be a Fine and Desirable KM. Even has what looks to be the original portapee and leather disk. Always have to like the sailing ship etch, as well. If the price is good, this looks like a decent KM with all the upgrades. Don't know who or why the blade was cleaned, but I've seen worse jobs. Lots of nice gilding left on this one too. I like it. A fine Hörster that was Not owned and carried by your run of the mill Navy Officer.
    William

?

I don't see anything wrong with this dagger. It has a very desireable ivory grip in great condition. Personally I don't think the blade had been cleaned because the etch is in very good shape. I think it's more likely that the Hörster trademark wasn't stamped very deep. I've seen this on other Hörster navies too.

Best
    Danny
    Last edited by dr73; 08-30-2015 at 09:57 PM.

I would have no problems at all with having this one in my collection.
    William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast