Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Horster with portepee - I think

Article about: Hi Everyone, This KM has been in my family since my great grandad but other than that I know nothing about it. I will be upfront and say my plan is to sell the dagger due to other circumstan

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Horster with portepee - I think

Hi Everyone,

This KM has been in my family since my great grandad but other than that I know nothing about it. I will be upfront and say my plan is to sell the dagger due to other circumstances.

Can anyone tell me anything about it and what to look out for when trying to sell it. I am of course worried about selling it for less than it’s worth, so any estimated price ranges would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know about it’s history, as I have loved looking at this since I was a child and wish I didn’t have to depart with it.

Let me know if you need better photos.

Thanks in advanced

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Horster with portepee - I think   Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Horster with portepee - I think  

Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Horster with portepee - I think   Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Horster with portepee - I think  

Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Horster with portepee - I think   Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Horster with portepee - I think  

Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Horster with portepee - I think  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Horster with portepee - I think
    P
    Many

?

Hi James,
    that’s a typical early naval dagger by Hörster with a mismatched hangers and an army portepee. Although I have to say that the length of the round cord of the portepees for the naval daggers and army daggers was the same according to the regulations. Naval daggers with army portepeen are known.
    The 2-nd model is a wrong name for these daggers. This is the dagger 1938 pattern.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Thanks Oleg, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.