Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger

Article about: Hello again! I am back, and unfortunately I have parted with a few pieces of my collection, since college is becoming quite expensive. However, my friend is at an auction and he found a Krie

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger

Hello again! I am back, and unfortunately I have parted with a few pieces of my collection, since college is becoming quite expensive. However, my friend is at an auction and he found a Kriegsmarine dagger, what I believe to be a 2nd variation. These are the only pictures he sent me, I don't even know if the blade is etched or not. From what I've seen, I am 75% sure that it is an original. Any thoughts based on the pictures?

Thank you

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger
    P
    Many

Although these dagger is not in the best condition, and seems to me that one scabbard screw is missing, I think it's original. (For now.)
    Only thing I would like to see is - additional photos of the scabbard, and blade.
    It seems to me, that throat does not sit properly on the scabbard, maybe was a moved?

Regards
    Vedran

First I seen of a lightly left sided stamp WKC logo. We realize your friend is at an auction..and thee were the only photos were given...so our comments may be limited also. Ask your friend to ask the auctioneer for my photos...some will do that for a bidder. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The corrosion on the blade partly obscures the WKC stamp and makes it look worse than what it actually is, but it Is odd to see one side lighter than the other. And, as said, the throat screw is missing on one side and the throat does look to be fairly loose in the sheath as a result of it being out. Am not particularly wild about the blade-what can be seen of it. It has considerable pitting, so I can picture the rest of it what it must look like. That's about all that can be said with the photos we have-that, and all of the gilding seems to be totally gone. I would not invest a whole lot of money into this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

WKC stamp when he was hit the blade, was struck off center, because that WKC logo seems weaker.
    But nothing unusual for WKC blades, I've seen that "error" before.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Its not strange that the throat is looking a bit strange.
    The crossguard with its locking system is placed wrong in the scabbard.
    Should be on the back.
    That also means that the eagle is facing the wrong side too.
    i would like to see a better shot of the back of the eagle.
    The scabbard lost its complete goldwash, wkc Always has a nice gilding, all is gone here.

Regards,
    Ger

WKC logo is often stuck this way and looks good to me!

Dagger has been apart.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

if its cheap ok.

?

Like others already said, the gilding is completely gone which makes this a dagger that is not very desireable. The pommel is certainly made by WKC and I don't see any problem with the stamping of the WKC mark on the blade. I can't tell if the scabbard was made by WKC because there is no clear picture of the scabbard bands. This is needed to identify the maker of a scabbard. I do see that there is one scabbard screw missing. IMO it's always better to have one dagger in great condition than to have several daggers in poor condition. That's why I would pass on this one.

Danny

ok, my friend wrote back. The dagger sold, and apparently it had lots of corrosion mark on the blade, but it sold for $450. how ridiculous.