MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger

Article about: Hi all, I'd like to get some opinions on the attached Kriegsmarine Honor Dagger from anyone on the forum with experience identifying real from reproduction. I'm attaching some photos, and ca

?

Default Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger

Hi all,

I'd like to get some opinions on the attached Kriegsmarine Honor Dagger from anyone on the forum with experience identifying real from reproduction. I'm attaching some photos, and can certainly provide more if needed. I've also included a shot of the tang with all of the markings.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect WW2 German Navy Daggers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger

Dyzner did someone offer this to you for sale?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I have no experience with these but, I do not like the flaws in the damascus forging on the ricasso.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Larry, Yes and no They didn't come right out and offer it for sale. They're more interested in the value. I never talk value with someone until I authenticate an item if I'm not sure about it myself.

Why do you ask? Have you encountered this dagger before?

Yup!! thats one of many flaws I see,, anyone else?.... and by the way,,..... What Kriegsmarine officer was this awarded to and what big name collectors collection did it reside in? This is a very high dollar item made as only near 12 of them were made. Anyone know what these ultra rare daggers go for with Diamonds in the pommel? Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A Damascus blade full of cracks?? For that reason alone, I'd avoid this one...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Larry, is the "yup" in reply to my post or another one? Have you encountered this dagger yourself?

Hi Dyzner yes I was referring to your post,,and no not this exact dagger,, as this dagger is largely fake,, but a good one. I have seen and held in my own hands one at Tom Wittmanns home. The one you posted either still resides in the collection of the late Robert Waites family,, or it has been sold off to an advanced collector. The one you have posted is not the one. This is a good all around copy. The Damast is bad,, the pommel bird nose is that of a witch I cant seem to see diamonds present in the swaz. If this one was the one in Robert Waites collection...... the overall condition is mint!! The actual recipient was Admiral v Nordeck 31 August 1942.. signature type 2. There were no others issued to anyone else on this date. this is a One of a kind. Pg 419 in Wittmanns Naval dagger reference... and recipient list on pg 424. Robert Waites example pictured does not have the portepee.
    In this instance aging is the wrong tool to use on a 1 of a kind example as this if it were to be passed off as authentic. This process may work on most political and non political daggers,,,but not on this one. Regards Larry

The 'Eickhorn' logo is also very weak. I was also under the impression Larry, that
    any KM dagger with a submarine on the blade is a bad one.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The swastika was originally adorned with 17 rose petal diamonds arranged neatly the ones in the photo are fake brilliants chips and vastly look inferior and far too many

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast