Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Kriegsmarine dagger collection

Article about: Here's another Alcoso with hammered scabbard. This time with a beautiful orange grip. Typical for Alcoso are the hammered scabbard rings they used on all hammered scabbards. Again, like all

Hi Danny ,,rare makers are also a great addition to any collection..and for the education of others. The best part as you say..and in my words also "A victory on 2 fronts" .....of a rare maker...with a common price. The portepee IMO tells a story and has a been around which probably has seen a little of everything! Great find! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine dagger collection
    P
    Many

I don´t know why, but this Klass navy dagger is my favourite! I like it, because it looks nice and has very nice detail. I also like simple plain blade!

Regards Peter

?

I agree with you Peter, the Klaas dagger is something special. But I still can't make up my mind which one is my favourite. I think I have at least a dozen daggers that I call my favourite

I will post a few more when time permits.

Danny

Quote by dr73 View Post
    I agree with you Peter, the Klaas dagger is something special. But I still can't make up my mind which one is my favourite. I think I have at least a dozen daggers that I call my favourite

I will post a few more when time permits.

Danny
    Danny, I agree, the Klaas daggers are extremely rare. I purchased one with a sailboat etch and spoke to Wittmann about it. He told me that in all his years of collecting and dealing in daggers he has only seen 3 or 4 non U-9 Klaas Navy daggers. Yours is certainly a great find, and a lovely dagger.

Wolfgang

?

Thx for showing these beauty's Danny!

Ger

Excellent collection! ! !
    Many thanks for pleasure to see your remarkable collection
    I expect continuation with impatience.
    Vladimir

I think Vlads wording meant patience
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I don't know what Vlad just said, but I think I agree with him! An absolutely fantastic collection of probably my favorite type of dagger. Although I have to disagree with your thoughts on the orange gripped ones (I think the white grips look better). Thank you for sharing this amazing collection with us!

WOW what a fantastic collection and the pictures are superb, love them all especially the dark grips and the flaming ball, really enjoyed looking at your collection.

?

Thanks guys! I've added a few navies to the collection since my last post in this thread but as you might have noticed, I'm working on my "heer dagger thread" at the moment When I'm finished with that I will continue with this one.

Danny

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast