Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Höller hammered scabbard question

Article about: The scabbard I show here has many characteristics of a Höller scabbard. The only difference are the hammered eyelets. If anyone can post a Höller navy dagger with the same scabbard type with

?

Default Kriegsmarine Höller hammered scabbard question

The scabbard I show here has many characteristics of a Höller scabbard. The only difference are the hammered eyelets. If anyone can post a Höller navy dagger with the same scabbard type with hammered eyelets I would be most grateful. I looked at Wittmann's site and he has a couple of Höllers with hammered scabbard but none with this type of eyelets. My own Höller also has the standard eyelets. I hope you guys can help me out.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Höller hammered scabbard question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Höller hammered scabbard question
    P
    Many

?

"Normal" hammered Höller scabbard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Höller hammered scabbard question  

?

Hi Danny,
    It looks like a special cost variant, similar to the fioral motif on WKC scabbard eyelets.

Jakub

?

Hi Danny.
    I know four types of eyelets by Höller, including a hammered variant. I'm not at home, and can't posting a pictures, but, if you have our book about M1938 dagger as PDF, you can find these eyelets in the capital about Höller.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Attachment 947673Hi Danny.

Here is a picture of the KM dagger by Höller with the hammered eyelets from Hermann's collection.
    Let me know, if you need more pictures of the daggers.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Spectacular piece! Thanks for posting it. You don't see this kind of hammering on the eyelets very often. It must have been some extra cost variant like Jakub said. How would you rate the rarity of this variaton?

Danny

?

Yes, it is an amazing dagger indeed.
    I would rate the rarity of the eyelets by Hörstet so

1. hammered eyelets
    2. eyelets with a plain surface
    3. engraved eyelets
    4. standard eyelets

The number one on the list would be a most rare.

Best,
    Oleg.

Not so commonly seen..but I would agree also with Sorge..this would of been an added expense. Beow is a link to a rarely seen Naval dagger also belonging to dr73 " Danny ...and also take notice that the eyelets are also adorned with the same motif including the ringlets.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/krieg...d-find-300350/

A stunning example of a gift or Honor type dagger. The point here is that the carrying bands also are not of the commonly seen type on the pebbled scabbard below including dannys stunning honor example.

Nice find on both types Danny
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I would agree also with Sorge..this would of been an added expense
    Hello Larry,

yes, without any doubts.

KR,
    Oleg.

?

Here a pictire of a dagger by Höller with an eyelets with the plain surface.
    Oleg.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast