MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KRIEGSMARINE hanger

Article about: Hello again. Today I am showing a Kriegsmarine hanger that I ordered before I registered on the forum. This hanger arrived very late a week ago, but by then I had already realized that I had

?

Default KRIEGSMARINE hanger

Hello again. Today I am showing a Kriegsmarine hanger that I ordered before I registered on the forum. This hanger arrived very late a week ago, but by then I had already realized that I had made a mistake in purchasing it. I think the two parts of the hanger are from different manufacturers or fake. There are no maker's marks on the reverse of the buckles. The hook on the side of the shorter hanger does not appear to be from this kit. Please give an opinion.

Thanks Georgi.KRIEGSMARINE hangerKRIEGSMARINE hangerKRIEGSMARINE hangerKRIEGSMARINE hangerKRIEGSMARINE hangerKRIEGSMARINE hangerKRIEGSMARINE hanger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KRIEGSMARINE hanger
    P
    Many

?

I think like you, for me the 2 parts are not from the same maker. We see the différents between the lion Heads and the color of the hook but nothing wrong if you don't have the maker mark

?

It shows a mix of different materials, which is not impossible but also not desirable either.
    Its a miss match and not a set, look for either all brass (early production) or the more standard gilded aluminium.

Try to return it for a refund.

Ger

?

Thanks for the opinions. The parts were taken from an auction and they usually say "what you see is what you get" and returns are more difficult. However, I have sent a request for a refund and am waiting for a response. Merchants should not be allowed to push rubbish like this without a problem.
    Georgi.

?

Hi,
    I agree with others. Try to returned it. Ask the auctioneer. He maybe cold give you a two-week period if you want to return the item.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

I got a reply from the auctioneer. The deadline for requesting a refund was seven days and I missed it by one day. They offer me to sell it at the next auction.

Georgi.

?

That would move the problem to another collector

Ger

?

Hi Georgi,
    may I ask you how much was the price of the hanger?
    Thanks,
    Oleg.

The greater problem is now these hangers have a red flag ....and has been documented here in this forum. Anyone who may be researching hangers to add to their collection and accidentally stumble upon this thread through a search engine...will see what has been said.

An Honest approach is to sell it as mixed fittings and may be usable to someone...but something you should consider and return it to the auction house.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry.
    Quite right. Many collectors are looking for parts to complement or restore hangers.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast