Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger from the ground

Article about: Hi there, I bought this piece before Christmas. It was found by Dover, the UK costal line during 1979. I have been a collector of ground dug artefacts for the majority of this hobby. However

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger from the ground

Hi there,

I bought this piece before Christmas. It was found by Dover, the UK costal line during 1979.

I have been a collector of ground dug artefacts for the majority of this hobby. However, I am now beginning to buy memorabilia that is a little more shiny. None the less, I was wondering if anyone could offer any more information on this piece. I haven’t tried to clean the item, it has remained in its found condition.

More photos can be uploaded if requested.

Best wishes, Scotty.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger from the ground   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger from the ground  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger from the ground   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger from the ground  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger from the ground   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger from the ground  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger from the ground  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger from the ground
    P
    Many

Other than it being a 2nd model Kreigsmarine dagger or whats left of it...any chance of pulling the blade out?
    Is it possible or is it too corroded over?

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Other than it being a 2nd model Kreigsmarine dagger or whats left of it...any chance of pulling the blade out?
    Is it possible or is it too corroded over?

Best Larry
    Hi there Larry,

It won’t pull out currently, but I think it might be worthwhile trying. The handle is obviously very delicate - that’s my only worry. But perhaps it’s worth the risk. Even still, the blade is likely to be corroded, but on the 1% chance makers marks have survived, it is tempting!

Regards, Scotty.

One of the forums Kriegs dagger experts "TheBig" aka Oleg may be able to give some insight on a producer due to the fittings.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I’ll enquire, good idea

Looks like an Eickhorn product to me, looks like it was thrown in a fire at some time which would explain the missing grip! regards Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Looks like an Eickhorn product to me, looks like it was thrown in a fire at some time which would explain the missing grip! regards Paul
    Hi there Paul, from comparison online, I also thought it stood a chance at being an Eickhorn product! I have very little knowledge on Kriegsmarine daggers, so was happy to wait for someone else to say their thoughts first.

Thanks, Scotty.

?

Hi guys,
    that’s an Eickhorn dagger for sure.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Scotland 99,
    I would try to leave the dagger for several days in the WD-40 liquid or in kerosene. After that, I would try to carefully remove the blade from the scabbard.
    Best,
    Oleg.
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-10-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Quote by thebig View Post
    Scotland 99,
    I would try to leave the dagger for several days in the WD-40 liquid or in kerosene. After that, I would try to carefully remove the blade from the scabbard.
    Best,
    Oleg.
    Thank-you Oleg. I’ll take your suggestion onboard and give it a go, will reply results back to this original post (if successful).

Best wishes, Scotty.