Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger denazified

Article about: Hello everyone! I've got an Eickhorn dagger which was heavily damaged by grinding (yes, an eagle was damaged too). I suppose this ingenious actions took place right after the WW2. Is it wort

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger denazified

Hello everyone!

I've got an Eickhorn dagger which was heavily damaged by grinding (yes, an eagle was damaged too). I suppose this ingenious actions took place right after the WW2.

Is it worth to look for an original Eickhorn blade part? Are there any parts available on the market?

Thank you in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger denazified   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger denazified  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger denazified   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger denazified  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger denazified
    P
    Many

Hi LasGalletas... Welcome to the forum,,yes this dagger is severely denazified from the quality of the pics. It would be in your best interest not to invest into finding parts for this dagger ..but search for a whole example..as a parted dagger..will be easy to identify that it is such a mis-assembled piece..and will not hold any value..and less historical value..since the dagger is not consistent in fittings.

Decent Kriegsmarine daggers can start at $700 US ..and for you to search for parts..to reanimate or Frankenstein together what never was..will cost you more in money..and a longer wait. A whole example untouched..will hold its value..and will tell a " been there " story. This is what collectors seek in preserving history.

Below are a few reputable dealers that you can find a decent Naval dagger or other related Third Reich era daggers and swords

Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals
    Wittmann Antique Militaria
    We Buy & Sell German WWII Daggers, Medals & More!

Thanks for posting and some of our esteemed Naval Experts will be along shortly. Enoy your stay. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-23-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

what a waste.

Thank you Larry! I'm in Russia so I assume there'll be some custom issues however I will check possibilities. I know this unnazified piece can be priced at something like 400$ level in Russia and I'm considering this as a pretty good deal (especially based on what you've said).

Hi Lasgalletas..Im amazed that this would fetch $400!! My apologies..I did not realize where you were...makes sense now on import technicalities...yet I know for a fact ..the one dealer I listed.. Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals ( Paul Hogle ) has had great success Globally to many countries including Russia. A man of integrity..he will follow your ordered item if there should be any delays.

I know for a fact that I have missed out on a few daggers by minutes ...which were going to Russia. Anyway....the options I listed are there..contact them. I wish you the best searching for parts..and working with some top dealers. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for comprehensive information Larry! I think there're a lot of faked ones on local market and sources for original pieces in good condition are very limited. This reality gives more oppurtunities to sell at decent price even heavy damaged original dagger like mine, I suppose.

Alot of scary stuff coming out of Russia..and some other Eastern Bloc countries. Be careful and keep studying. The fakes are getting better.

?

Hi Lasgalletas, please don't replace the blade and pommel on this dagger, it would make this a parts dagger and would be a put together piece that was never like that during the third reich period. There are enough parts daggers out there for us collectors to have to deal with so please don't add another. Buying parts will also just encourage other people to strip daggers down to sell the parts as they know people like you will buy them.