Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

R. S. & S. One prong heer belt buckle

Article about: I have a vet bring back WW2 Heer R. S. & S. Belt buckle. Most Buckles that I have seen have 2 prongs to go through the belt holes. Has anyone ever seen a belt buckle with 1 prong as show

?

Default R. S. & S. One prong heer belt buckle

I have a vet bring back WW2 Heer R. S. & S. Belt buckle. Most Buckles that I have seen have 2 prongs to go through the belt holes. Has anyone ever seen a belt buckle with 1 prong as shown? Any thoughts.

R. S. & S.  One prong heer belt buckleR. S. & S.  One prong heer belt buckleR. S. & S.  One prong heer belt buckleR. S. & S.  One prong heer belt buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement R. S. & S.  One prong heer belt buckle
    P
    Many

Buckle is original, prob reworked to be used post war with a single holed civilian type belt
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben. I was thinking the same and the most logical reason. But I was wondering if there were ever any single holed belts used in WW2.

Not sure from the top of my head, most military buckles are double pronged
    Ben

?

I have noticed that the Spanish civil war buckles use that same attachment method. Could it be possible it was used there or by a Spaniard with a Spanish belt in service with the Blue Division??

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

R. S. & S.  One prong heer belt buckleR. S. & S.  One prong heer belt buckleFYI. For what it is worth, I looked closer at the single prong at the base, and it appears that there may be some initials R and S. At the base. It could be nothing. But “ is it a manufactured part”. ??

?

A fairly good condition KM buckle. To bad about the prong bar. I wonder if someone remove it and added the single prong. The value drops substantially Because of the modification.

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    ...Has anyone ever seen a belt buckle with 1 prong as shown?...
    Dear Obal7,

As said, an original and otherwise desirable KM buckle which has in my opinion, been converted to be worn on a modern strap.

Attached is an image of a current fashion type buckle and strap which as one of very many designs, is available from within the United States of America. The single claw looks remarkably similar to the one that you have shown. Having said that, the design of the claw is quite academic, as the mechanics of this arrangement is I think more relevant

Regards and best wishes,

David