Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.

Article about: I inherited my collection of WW2 memorabilia about 5 years ago (some items earlier) from my grandfather. Each piece was directly brought back to the U.S. by my grandfather, at the end of the

?

Default 4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.

I inherited my collection of WW2 memorabilia about 5 years ago (some items earlier) from my grandfather. Each piece was directly brought back to the U.S. by my grandfather, at the end of the war.

These are four German medals/pins that my grandfather brought back. I will identify them (according to my online research) by referencing the order in the picture of all four medals.

• I believe the top left one is a War Merit Cross (Kriegsverdienstkreuz); also called the War Service Cross.

• The bottom left one is a German NSDAP 10-Year Long Service Bronze Medal.

• The top right one is a hat pin (in my opinion); I saw it labeled as a "gestapo hat pin" on one site.

• The one on the bottom right is a 1914 Iron Cross. I couldn't quite identify which cross I have, due to the great variations of ways they were awarded, worn, modified, etc. (according to my research). The letters "KMST." are on the back, to the left of the clasp, and the letters "DRGM" are to the right. The clasp-bar has the number "800" in the center.

Any information would be greatly appreciated; especially regarding the hat pin and the Iron Cross.

Thanks,
    Gaines
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.   4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.  

4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.   4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.  

4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.   4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.  

4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-19-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 4 German Medals/pins: Iron Cross, War Merit Cross, Long Service Medal, and hat pin.

Hello Gaines,
    Can't help you with the cap eagle, maybe post it up in the headgear forum, the guys there will be able to ID it for you easily.

The other medals all look good, KVK is a nice original, the NSDAP service medal looks like a late war zinc example and the EK1 looks very nice too. I would post that one down in the Imperial forum for more information but I believe the maker is quite rare. Hopefully some of the others can confirm.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: 4 German Medals/pins: Iron Cross, War Merit Cross, Long Service Medal, and hat pin.

hi , cap eagle is a political eagle i think, it seems fine .medals are 100%. ,cheers paul

The eagle is fine (Political)

?

Yeah the eagle is for a political cap!! And I like you iron cross

Very nice items !

I like the 1st Class Iron Cross as in particular...............................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Good items, the NSDAP cross is nice, did it come with ribbon?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: 4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.

Here are some updated pictures of the Iron Cross.

Thanks,
    Gaines
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.   4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.  

?

Default Re: 4 German Medals/pins: Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, NSDAP Dienstauszeichnung in Bronze, and hat pin.

You cleaned it???

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

BIG nono

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast