Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Identifying this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: Dear Forum Experts! I recently obtained this German WWII War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords. I would really value your opinion on this piece. I hope it is an original one. I just started

Default Identifying this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

Dear Forum Experts!

I recently obtained this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords. I would really value your opinion on this piece. I hope it is an original one. I just started with my collection after having collected stories of WWII for 20 years. I am looking forward to your views. Thank you ever so much!

Sincerely,

Frank

Last edited by DDayNormandy1944; 05-15-2018 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure about this one. Didn't think fakes of this award were all that common, but you never know. The proportions seem a little off compared to this example, but maybe it's a maker difference.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern  

EDIT: I maybe spoke too soon as well. Even though it looks fine, proportions are a bit off, the swastika looks too thick.
    MG.

Thank you Miobeego! Much appreciated!

The ribbon and packet look fine, but there's something about the medal that seems a bit off. It's the swastika that concerns me, as has already been observed. It also looks rather 'new', and the details seem rather crude. Comparing it to my own, you can really see the difference.

Identifying this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit SchwerternIdentifying this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

B.B.

?

Hmm im with brodie. Looking at my war merit cross book there isnt any medal with a similarly “fat” swastika. I dont know why but something aswell doesn’t make me like the coating it has. Whats the maker mark on the back of the packet?

Please read and observe this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Better pictures

Here a few beter pictures...

Frank

Forgive me rbminis! I will correct it. Thank you

Don't be too concerned yet... It could just be a maker difference. Wait for more opinions.
    MG.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast