Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

KRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For Review

Article about: Hey all, This award is another piece of the "Big Haul" from last week. As I looked at initially, it seemed a bit phony given the off-center mounting hardware and different color of

Default KRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For Review

Hey all,

This award is another piece of the "Big Haul" from last week.

As I looked at initially, it seemed a bit phony given the off-center mounting hardware and different color of same. But, after doing some digging, I found an identical piece being sold (as authentic) on a well known site for a fair amount of money, with the stylized "3" as a maker's mark. The hardware on the one for sale is identical.

I cannot see the front image for the one for sale without registering on their site, but the back images are available, and it seems to be where the distinguishing characteristics are anyways.

First, my piece:

KRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For ReviewKRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For ReviewKRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For ReviewKRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For ReviewKRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For ReviewKRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For ReviewKRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For Review

Then, the back of the advertised piece:

KRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For ReviewKRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For Review

Looks very similar to me, although I could not find anything about the stylized "3" online (Other than the aforementioned site)

Thoughts and wisdom much appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For Review   KRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KRIEGSVERDIENSTKREUZ 1. KLASSE 1939 OHNE SCHWERTER - HERSTELLER "3" - For Review
    P
    Many

It looks okay to me. The hardware is correct as is the maker's mark.
    You can compare to my "with swords" example posted here.
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, Wilhelm Deumer, "3"
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yup, just as Ralph advises, a Deumer KVK1 in Zinc, same makers mark as on my examples.

It's a pity they made these in Zinc, the dull grey just isn't as nice... but we still buy them ha ha!

Excellent, and thank you gentlemen. Odd that the craftsmanship on the hardware seems wonky, but it matches Ralph's example too. Just how they did it, I suppose.

I bought 4 reference books yesterday too:

The Awards of the Heer (Volumes 1 and 2)
    The Kriegsmarine Awards (Volumes 1 and 2)

Man those books are EXPENSIVE!

More coming!