Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwerter (L/66)

Article about: I would like to introduce you to this 1st class war merit cross with swords. The manufacturer's mark is L / 66 for the manufacturer A.D. Schwerdt / Stuttgart. However, the design corresponds

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwerter (L/66)

I would like to introduce you to this 1st class war merit cross with swords. The manufacturer's mark is L / 66 for the manufacturer A.D. Schwerdt / Stuttgart. However, the design corresponds to the Gablonzer design and is 100% identical to the war merit crosses by Rudolf Tham / Gablonz. It is probably quite rare ...Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwerter (L/66)Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwerter (L/66)Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwerter (L/66)Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwerter (L/66)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwerter (L/66)
    P
    Many

I will have to do a little digging as my sources tell me that neither of those makers were a maker of KVK 1st class.
    Maybe Michael, MAP, or some of our other KVK collectors will have some input.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

My materials do not reference either of them as well.

The L/66 strike looks a little suspect to me, looking bright and clean with no patina like the rest of the reverse...but that is just an opinion.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The back is polished silver and with a very smooth surface. The scan is misleading. There are also infantry assault badges with this L / 66 mark.

Quote by MichaelFalk View Post
    There are also infantry assault badges with this L / 66 mark.
    There were also HJ Leistungsabzeichen made by this maker,
    HJ Leistungsabzeichen in Silber, Early example, AD Schwerdt.
    That doesn't mean that they were a manufacturer of every type of award.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I do not assume that A.D. Schwerdt produced these KVKs themselves. I think it was made in Gablonz and A.D. Schwerdt delivered it under his name.

MAP
    ?

I have check a number of forums and have found no examples.

What maker from Gablonz do you think this is from?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MichaelFalk View Post
    However, the design corresponds to the Gablonzer design and is 100% identical to the war merit crosses by Rudolf Tham / Gablonz.
    From what I can find, Rudolf Tham was not a maker of KVK 1st klasse either.
    Ralph.

The manufacturer could have been Rudolf Tham / Gablonz. At least the design matches the 2nd class war merit crosses with swords.

BMB
    ?

Hello guys!
    As you write Michael, this cross is identical to Rudolf Tham / Gablonz ”101” KVK2 crosses, attaches pictures on my 101 KVK2 to compare with.

I also have no information that any of these two would be manufacturers of KVK1, but of course they can still be.

I also think that the L/66 mark looks a little suspect, but it can be the scan that is misleading as you type, but also think that a ”Rudolf Tham” cross is marked L/66 is a bit strange.

Can you measure the thickness of the center of the cross and weigh it?

Best regards
    Martin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast