Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: Hello again!!! Now i learn about how to put pictures so I think that there are any problem. Ok. Now there are all photos. His price is 255 euros o 288 dolars. What do you thinks about this m

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern

Hello again!!!

Now i learn about how to put pictures so I think that there are any problem.

Ok. Now there are all photos. His price is 255 euros o 288 dolars.
    What do you thinks about this medal and his price? The seller said me that this piece is from late war.

Thank you to everyone.
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-02-2021 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

IMO, the later ones were marked L/11, so this is not really late war.
    You can compare to my example here.
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwerter, 3, Wilhelm Deumer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you rbminis, so, do you think that this piece is false o the price is excessive?. Sorry but i dont understand completely your point of view. Sorry again.

Deumer crosses are amongst the most common out there, and it is not difficult to track down a better quality cross ie one made of tombac which has much more of its silver finish remaining.

When collecting, especially by maker or variant, there are of course instances when only certain awards can be had in zinc as they didn't make them in any other metal.

However, if you are only looking for 1 example of an award, in this case a KvK1, I would keep your money until you track down a better cross. Just my opinion of course. I collect KvK1 as one of my main interests and there are lots of variants to be had out there, it just takes a little time.

As you can see, Ralph gives a great example of what you can find in relation to Deumer tombac crosses. Much better don't you think.

As for the maker marks, PKZ marks, such as the '3' on your cross were, with a high degree of certainty, awarded pieces. However, it is thought that on KvK1 in particular, these markings began appearing in late 1942 through to the end of the war.

The difference with LDO marked crosses eg L/11 for Deumer is that these were private purchase pieces, bought from authorised retailers.

So the cross that you show is a mid to late war type, and if the box is original to it, then it would edge more towards the middle period. Late war crosses are often seen with late war boxes, more often known as economy cases as they are of cheap construction and don't have a push button opening.

I hope this is information is of some use to you.

Cheers

Jamie

Ok, I understand what do you say. The problem is that in Spain, many crosses, especially with the box, are too expensive, like 325 or 350 euros (less in pounds), so I´m going buy this medal and in the future (when spanish economy get better...) I will search for other Kvk1.
    Anyway I expressed your gratitude for your time and this information.

Cheers.

Roberto.