Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern K&O ”second type made of zinc”.

Article about: Hello again gathering friends! This cross I bought from Jamie7d7 and this is the second type of zinc cross by maker K&O IMO, very nice cross and I also managed to find a case for it. Bes

I believe the "dot" can be seen in both examples in post #8.
    The frosting, as well as the wear on the die, and the wear on the actual badge, could account for the difference in appearance.
    It appears that the "dot" is actually part of the oak leaf outer edge.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern K&O ”second type made of zinc”.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I believe the "dot" can be seen in both examples in post #8.
    The frosting, as well as the wear on the die, and the wear on the actual badge, could account for the difference in appearance.
    It appears that the "dot" is actually part of the oak leaf outer edge.
    Ralph.

Yes. I agree. Maybe better said, a design "characteristic" (instead of "flaw")

But as we look closer, it is obvious that the obverse of the two badges in post #3 (last photo - left being similar to post 8 and in Maerz book, and the right being the OP's) are different. Wreath, pebbling, swaz, sword cross guard, and the cross border thickness to name a few I spotted. The reverse looks OK but with the exception of the pin. The font on the 62 looks ok as well.

I'm not saying it is a fake, just that it is different than all the other examples posted so far. Possibly a different die. There are just so many makers and variations that I can not proclaim to know much.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes. I agree. Maybe better said, a design "characteristic" (instead of "flaw")

But as we look closer, it is obvious that the obverse of the two badges in post #3 (last photo - left being similar to post 8 and in Maerz book, and the right being the OP's) are different. Wreath, pebbling, swaz, cross thickness to name a few I spotted.

I'm not saying it is a fake, just that it is different than all the other examples posted so far. Possibly a different die. There are just so many makers and variations that I can not proclaim to know much.
    I agree.
    Of the two in this photo from post #3, the one on the left has the proudest part of the leaf is where it comes in, and raises up as it does so.
    The one on the left, the highest part of the leaf is at the outside point, or tip.
    If these are from the same maker, they are from a different die.

Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I agree.
    Of the two in this photo from post #3, the one on the left has the proudest part of the leaf is where it comes in, and raises up as it does so.
    The one on the left, the highest part of the leaf is at the outside point, or tip.
    If these are from the same maker, they are from a different die.

Ralph.
    Yes. The obverse design is completely different. I had to look at if for a bit then all those differences I noted started popping up quickly.

Just a few here ( I didn't circle the dots...too small for my eyes but they are different)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Also, compare the dot pattern in the two areas I have circled, they are not a match.
    Ralph.

MAP
    ?

Also, compare the dot pattern in the two areas I have circled, they are not a match.
    Ralph.

Yes. Plus what I circled in post 14

A head scratcher....I can't call it. I don't know if there was a different die ever used. Beyond me.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes. Plus what I circled in post 14

A head scratcher....I can't call it. I don't know if there was a different die ever used. Beyond me.
    I don't study them well enough either.

MAP
    ?

I don't study them well enough either.
    I would like to see another one that started the thread. I just checked over at GCA and found 7...all were tombac but none matching the one that started the discussion.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I would like to see another one that started the thread. I just checked over at GCA and found 7...all were tombac but none matching the one that started the discussion.
    Actually, I just took a look at the data base on GCA and there is a zinc with swords, K&O posted by Philippe with a fluted pin, that does match the one originally posted.
    Not sure if you have access.
    GCA Forum | Access denied.
    Ralph.

MAP
    ?

Actually, I just took a look at the data base on GCA and there is a zinc with swords, K&O posted by Philippe with a fluted pin, that does match the one originally posted.
    Not sure if you have access.
    GCA Forum | Access denied.
    Ralph.
    Nope. Not a paying member but that is good news!!

The font on the pin matches so I would have to assume it's a good straight pin.

Maerz book is fairly new so surprised it doesn't mention this variant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast