Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, Real or Fake

Article about: Hello guys i got this offered for a verry good price now i need opinions Thanks!

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, Real or Fake

Hello guys i got this offered for a verry good price now i need opinions Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, Real or Fake   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, Real or Fake  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-14-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Edited title to use proper German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, Real or Fake
    P
    Many

fantasy...bad

Id pass on it, very strange hardware and the finish looks off to me. There are many unquestionable pieces out there.

imo its a good one with a replaced pin.

- - ------- - -

in zinc

- - ------- - -

hence the finish has gone

The twisted pin is interesting. This was reportedly a 'fashionable' thing to do by the awards recipient, and i've seen genuine DK's and EK1's from the period with the pin similarly twisted around it's own axis like this example. I know next to nothing about KVK's, but haven't observed this trait on any fake awards as of yet.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    imo its a good one with a replaced pin.

- - ------- - -

in zinc

- - ------- - -

hence the finish has gone
    Its not that, to me it does not look like zinc, it looks like its trying to be tombak. Im still on the fence about this piece.

theres now't wrong wit that lad.Lol

Hm, still not liking it after all this time I would like more pics. I wish OP could chime in.

Ok im giving this a thumbs up now . Its an unmarked 62 with a replaced pin, this one is a variant by Kerbach & Österhelt that is zinc but looks like tombak.

Details seem good to me, IMO an S&L with original pin. If marked, the mm will now be on the inside of the pin.

KVK1 DNA

Regards