Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1 klasse ohne schwertern S&L zinc

Article about: Hot on the heels of my two KVK 1.'s last week, I've tracked down a zinc version ohne schwertern. It looks like the pin has been repaired a long time ago but other than that it looks ok I thi

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1 klasse ohne schwertern S&L zinc

Hot on the heels of my two KVK 1.'s last week, I've tracked down a zinc version ohne schwertern.

It looks like the pin has been repaired a long time ago but other than that it looks ok I think

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1 klasse ohne schwertern S&L zinc
    P
    Many

Hello

Looks good to me
    Congrats

Hello Jamie.
    I think I would want to see some more pictures particularly of the areas in between the cross arms just to make sure it is not a 'with' swords that has had them removed
    The s&Ls with swords are quite common crosses so removing them would make a more desirable cross.
    I note there is a big chunk of material missing off the obverse of the left arm...perhaps an over enthusiastic cut and the misshapen areas on the reverse where there appears to have had pieces filed away
    What with those defecs and the damaged pin I think I'd leave this one where it is.

I ask myself how would a robust buntmetall pin get damaged without damaging the softer zinc?
    I would guess it was this clamped in the vice whilst the swords were being removed
    Just my opinion
    Cheers
    Doug

@saladin Hi Doug

I have it in the house and when it arrived I began to wonder almost immediately, not because of the pin but because one of the gaps between the arms of the cross look misshapened. And now that you mention about the swords being cut off I think you may be right. I attach two photos with highlighted areas indicating possible cuts.

I have another KVK 1 without swords from the same maker and having looked at them side by side there are differences in the one in this thread.

I bought it from a dealer in Glasgow so will telephone them tomorrow as I'm gonna be less than happy

Very well spotted, and pretty clear on those pics. A little more than just sloppy afterwork/finish (or how its called).
    Well done!

I have emailed the dealer tonight and attached a number of photos.

I should think that I will be able to return it, if not because of consumer rights, out of good will on their part.

This is their guarantee

Do you guarantee your items are original?

Yes, all items offered for sale that are described as original, have a lifetime guarantee of authenticity. We meticulously check each item is original before offering it for sale, so you can buy with confidence that the item is 100% authentic. The only exception to the life time guarantee is consignment items, with these we offer a 30 day inspection period after which the item is considered sold.

And I am sorry for the thumbs up, I should have spotted that, was to hasty!
    Good luck with your Cross (Y)

I'm the one that was too hasty. I bought the bloody thing ha ha!

Once again Doug, I am in your debt!

Hello Jamie
    Happy to help. With the new pictures It is quite apparent now the swords were removed
    Hope you get your refund
    All the best
    Doug

Hurrah, refund given and another lesson learned!