Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: This is my latest purchase, it’s nothing crazy but it’s a nice upgrade to the one I had before it. It was unissued and is in great condition besides the issue pouch which is pretty beat

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

This is my latest purchase, it’s nothing crazy but it’s a nice upgrade to the one I had before it. It was unissued and is in great condition besides the issue pouch which is pretty beat up but it’s all there. From what I know the Wilhelm Deumer is a rarer one to get but obviously these aren’t rare medals. I’ve got more medals along with the A-Frame on the way but no idea when they’re coming so I’ll post them up soon hopefully!

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

A nice addition Bodhi!
    Every medal collection should have one or two of these in it.
    Is the ring marked, or just the envelope?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Very nice addition Boxhi, a good upgrade to add.
    Ken

MAP
    ?

Very nice example. Tombak I presume?

And great to see the tissue paper as well. Love the impression on it
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Very nice Bodhi,
    The one I picked up years ago was just like that. The seller at a swap meet said that it was picked up by a US soldier who found them in a bombed out factory.
    Great story, But I just bought the medal

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Ralph, I do believe the ring is marked but I didn’t get a great look at it because I was in a bit of a hurry, I will get back with some pics of it tomorrow.

MAP, to be completely honest I couldn't tell the difference between tombak or bronze, I think it is tombak because my other one of these is bronze and it’s much heavier. According to the seller it hasn’t been really messed with since the war so I was pleased to see the impressions too.

Phil, The only medal with a story I have is the second class without swords version of this medal. Supposedly it came out of the Reichskanzlei, although back then I didn’t have a full understanding of buy the item not the story.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

That's a nice set

There does appear to be a maker mark on the ring, lets hope its a Deumer mark

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Well I couldn’t help it so I looked at 3 in the morning, it’s marked with a 110, if I’m not mistaken which I may be, a Wilhelm Deumer should be marked 3. If I researched right 110 is Otto Zappe not Wilhelm Deumer. Either way it’s a little disappointing but I’m still happy with it for the price I payed and it’s a good looking award none the less.

There is nothing disappointing about any KVK that has a ring marking. I have owned a couple without markings and most that I see at shows are also without markings. All in all, a nice find

Image of the markings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast