Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original

Article about: Dear members, i asked for your advice a couple of times already, i always got professional replies, so where else could i go with this question: What do you think about this medal, is it ori

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original

Dear members,

i asked for your advice a couple of times already, i always got professional replies, so where else could i go with this question:

What do you think about this medal, is it original or reproduction?

In my opinion -and i collect mainly KVKs- this is a reproduction, from a distance it's stunning, but if you check it from closer, you can see the big mistakes made by whoever fakes them.

I don't know what kind of metal is it, but it's lighter than it should be, the size is a tiny bit smaller than my other one's (but ofc size varies as i know), the edges are sharp, and the inner middle core looks wird to me, especially the finish and the last "9" in "1939". The suspension is suspicious aswell, it has a weird shape, the ring is not moving around properly, it doesn't have enough space. The ribbon is smaller than an original one, around 2mm thinner.

But this is only my opinion, as i said i have lots of them, and compared to what i have this looks fake to me.

I really want to hear what does the experts say, please see the pictures for yourself, and tell me your own thoughts about it, it's important to me.

Best wishes to all members,
    Ben

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/originalKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/originalKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/originalKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/originalKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/originalKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/originalKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-09-2015 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original
    P
    Many

Hello Ben,
    I would pass on this one anyways, it has been messed with. It appears that it was once a KVK II with swords that have been removed.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm concur with Ralph that this is an KVK2 with swords that has been turned into a KVK2 without swords.

So it is not an reproduction.

/Jonas