Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit schwerten (original ?)

Article about: Afternoon gents, I just picked this up at the local junk shop. I think it is a good un-marked example but as I have never studied these I would like your advice before I hand over any cash!

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit schwerten (original ?)

Afternoon gents, I just picked this up at the local junk shop. I think it is a good un-marked example but as I have never studied these I would like your advice before I hand over any cash! The hardware looks good as does the hand finishing to the edges, it is certainly not a cast copy but any information either way as to it's authenticity and maker would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit schwerten (original ?)   Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit schwerten (original ?)  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit schwerten (original ?)   Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit schwerten (original ?)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 1 mit schwerten (original ?)
    P
    Many

Hello Leon,
    I don't like the pin shape and I can't think of, or find one with the pommels of the swords being so pronounced from the reverse.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph, just as well that I asked in that case. Leon.

I go with Ralph.

This is a Tombak made Floch fake.

The hook is slightly different however, the pin, hinge and swords all match.

Your expertise is very much appreciated Jamie and Ralph, back it goes but at least I have not paid anything for it! Leon.