Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz ohne Schwerten II klasse

Article about: Hello, what do you think about those KVK II klasse o/Sch - oruginal? Maker marked "14" - Lauer? If original, should I try to take off those blue coating or it is jus akceptable pat

?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz ohne Schwerten II klasse

Hello,
    what do you think about those KVK II klasse o/Sch - original? Maker marked "14" - is it Lauer?
    If original, should I try to take off those blue coating or it is just akceptable patina and leave it?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
    Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz ohne Schwerten II klasse
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a good cross. "14" is L. Christan Lauer so your right. Personally i would leave it as it is.

Generally a treatment with vaseline, gun oil, or some other non-staining moisture barrier is ok.

Here is a nice, crispy one

Kriegsverdienstkreuz ohne Schwerten II klasse Kriegsverdienstkreuz ohne Schwerten II klasse

Jamie

P.S. Forgot to add, you may find that a cotton bud rubbed on the white stuff might remove it, without having to add any other substance.

Quote by Hindus View Post
    Hello,
    what do you think about those KVK II klasse o/Sch - original? Maker marked "14" - is it Lauer?
    If original, should I try to take off those blue coating or it is just akceptable patina and leave it?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
    Michael
    There is nothing wrong with that one Michael

Before putting any oil or anything on it just try rubbing it with a dry toothbrush which will probably remove some of what is natural oxidation. Then put oils or whatever on it if you prefer but you might find that just the dry brush is enough then as long as you keep it in a dry place it will be fine.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you very much for your opinions and help!

Regards
    Michael