Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

PZK 6 (?) Fritz Zimmermann (?) Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: Nothing unusual here. Just a standard War Merit Cross 2nd Class in tombak. My question is more about the maker. It appears to be PKZ #6. (Not sure if it is a 9 however) PKZ #6 is for Fritz Z

MAP
    ?

Default PZK 6 (?) Fritz Zimmermann (?) Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

Nothing unusual here. Just a standard War Merit Cross 2nd Class in tombak.

My question is more about the maker.

It appears to be PKZ #6. (Not sure if it is a 9 however)

PKZ #6 is for Fritz Zimmermann. But I have found no examples on the forum of PKZ 6 War Merit Crosses.

Also, in Maerz brand new book on War Merit Crosses 1st class (yes not the 2nd class book), I see no reference to F. Zimmermann making 1st class awards and thus I assume the same would apply for 2nd class.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PZK 6 (?) Fritz Zimmermann (?) Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

Fritz Zimmermann has made KVK2, but he hasnt made KVK1. And that cross is very nice example of KVK2 made by FZS.
    Best regards,
    Franko

MAP
    ?

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Fritz Zimmermann has made KVK2, but he hasnt made KVK1. And that cross is very nice example of KVK2 made by FZS.
    Best regards,
    Franko
    Thanks Franko. In reading Maerz's book he did note that not all makers made both classes but I think the majority did.

Are FZ's less common? (I'm not concerned about value).

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well I cant tell that with some certainty, but I think that they are all quite common. It shouldnt be a big problem to find KVK2 from any maker.
    Best regards,
    Franko

MAP
    ?

Well I cant tell that with some certainty, but I think that they are all quite common. It shouldnt be a big problem to find KVK2 from any maker.
    Best regards,
    Franko
    LoL...true. I already have 8 or 9 of them lying around! One day I want to get a sterling silver 1st class.

Interesting is that makers of KVK1 with PKZ number were only about ten, while makers of KVK2 with PKZ number were around 70-80. Makers of KVK1 with LDO number were maybe around 20 and makers of KVK2 with LDO number were only a few.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Hello Michael,
    Zimmermann made both the first and second class cross.
    His 1st class crosses can be found with the LDO number L52 and Detlev Niemann had one that was marked 900 L/52 some time ago. I can't remember if it was with or without swords.

Your cross looks to be in mint condition and a nice example to have.

I haven't seen many of the Zimmermann KVKs for sale, what appears even harder is trying to find one with a matched packet

Here's one...Not mine

PZK 6 (?) Fritz Zimmermann (?) Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit SchwerternPZK 6 (?) Fritz Zimmermann (?) Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit SchwerternPZK 6 (?) Fritz Zimmermann (?) Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern

Doug

Doug you have mixed Fritz Zimmermann Stuttgart with Carl Friedrich Zimmermann Pforzheim. LDO number L/52 belongs to the Carl Friedrich Zimmermann and not to Fritz Zimmermann. Fritz Zimmerman made only KVK2.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Doug you have mixed Fritz Zimmermann Stuttgart with Carl Friedrich Zimmermann Pforzheim. LDO number L/52 belongs to the Carl Friedrich Zimmermann and not to Fritz Zimmermann. Fritz Zimmerman made only KVK2.
    Best regards,
    Franko
    You are absolutely right Franko thank you for pointing that out. I am getting my Zimmermann's mixed up.

I need to pay more attention but to be fair I am looking at German Crosses and the Knights cross of the KVK so my mind was wandering!

Cheers
    Doug