Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Latvian Army Photos

Article about: Hi all. Picked these up recently I believe they all date from the Interwar period. Interesting how the back of the group photo is written in English. Also interesting to see what appears to

Default Latvian Army Photos

Hi all. Picked these up recently I believe they all date from the Interwar period. Interesting how the back of the group photo is written in English. Also interesting to see what appears to be a British 1914 pattern leather belt on the chap in the last photo. Any comments are welcome. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latvian Army Photos   Latvian Army Photos  

Latvian Army Photos   Latvian Army Photos  

Latvian Army Photos  

It appears the Latvian Army purchased German made helmets under contract or perhaps as a surplus item. NH

I have a feeling that following WW1 there were plenty of German helmets to be used as surplus in the Baltic states. Went to the Latvian War Museum, (which I would highly recommend if you are in Riga) and there was a massive array of weaponry and equipment that was used by the Latvian army.