Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post ww2 Lithuanian Guerrillas

Article about: I read some information today that really were interesting. After ww2 some of the Lithuanian Police and Schuma soldiers retreated into the forests and continued to fight the Communist all th

?

Default Post ww2 Lithuanian Guerrillas

I read some information today that really were interesting. After ww2 some of the Lithuanian Police and Schuma soldiers retreated into the forests and continued to fight the Communist all the way until 1965.

This is history we do not learn in school.

The map is a NKVD map from 1954 over were the anti communist partisans operated in Lithuenia. Fantastic history.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post ww2 Lithuanian Guerrillas   Post ww2 Lithuanian Guerrillas  

Post ww2 Lithuanian Guerrillas  

Default Re: Post ww2 Lithuanian Guerrillas

very interesting, Although I am aware of the existence of anti communist groups fighting the Soviets post 45 my knowledge is very poor on the subject. if anyone can recommend any reading material relating to this subject i would be grateful.

Best wishes

Robin

?

Robin

This information is taken from the book " Hitlers Eastern Legions, Volume 1- The Baltic Schutzmannschaft 1941 1945". 2nd edition "

It contains detailed history of these Schuma troops in the Baltic countries, and some info regarding the fighting post ww2. You can get this book on Ebay for a good price. I hope this help you.

The Schuma troops had nowhere to go: they had to go and hide... fight maybe if cornered. Look up the Ponary executions.... 100 thousand Jewish and Polish Citizens murdered, starting in June 1941 with big aid of Lithuanian Volunteers. A crime that is not spoken of often.....

Same operations we're carried out in Estonia and Latvia. They we're called ''Metsavennad'' (Forest Brothers).

There are several books written about this topic, some of them are in English, I've even seen a Swedish book about the Estonian forest brothers.

Cheers, Mads